Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 M4t087
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

Hello,

there is still this bug that is still present, even after the recent changes to gamespot. The avatar, or profile picture still isn't visible if I post a comment in the comment section under some of the topics...

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@M4t087 said:

Hello,

there is still this bug that is still present, even after the recent changes to gamespot. The avatar, or profile picture still isn't visible if I post a comment in the comment section under some of the topics...

The comments are handled by Livefyre, so the glitch is on their end. A possible fix that you can try is this:

1. - Go to your user profile.
  2. - Click “Settings”.
  3. - Scroll down to “Avatar and Backgrounds” and click on the square marked as “Avatar”.
  4. - Upload a new image from your desktop (This is important, the image MUST BE A NEW IMAGE).
  5. - Save these settings.
  6. - Go BACK to your profile.
  7. - Click on “Settings… again”.
  8. - Scroll down to “Avatar and Backgrounds” and click on the square marked as “Avatar”.
  9. - Select your desired image for your profile picture.
M4t087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 M4t087
@harry_james_pot said:

@M4t087 said:

Hello,

The comments are handled by Livefyre, so the glitch is on their end. A possible fix that you can try is this:

1. - Go to your user profile.
  2. - Click “Settings”.
  3. - Scroll down to “Avatar and Backgrounds” and click on the square marked as “Avatar”.
  4. - Upload a new image from your desktop (This is important, the image MUST BE A NEW IMAGE).
  5. - Save these settings.
  6. - Go BACK to your profile.
  7. - Click on “Settings… again”.
  8. - Scroll down to “Avatar and Backgrounds” and click on the square marked as “Avatar”.
  9. - Select your desired image for your profile picture.

Hey Harry,

that didn't help...I did it 3 times, but the picture of the avatar is still not visible in the comments section under the news topics...

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@M4t087 said:

Hey Harry,

that didn't help...I did it 3 times, but the picture of the avatar is still not visible in the comments section under the news topics...

Then all you can do now is wait for Livefyre to fix it. This sync issue has been around for a long time unfortunately.

M4t087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By M4t087

@harry_james_pot:

@harry_james_pot said:

@M4t087 said:

Hey Harry,

Then all you can do now is wait for Livefyre to fix it. This sync issue has been around for a long time unfortunately.

Oh it didn't register my reply, so I'll try and write it again, bascially what I said was this buggy system was there for years and it still hasn't been fixed yet, another big site ign uses something similar called disqus or something like that and they have almost exactly the same issue with it...