Are there More or Less Problems today, than there were prior to the Site Redesign on Gamespot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

Poll Are there More or Less Problems today, than there were prior to the Site Redesign on Gamespot? (13 votes)

There are way more problems now, since the redesign. 62%
It actually seems like Gamespot has been running better, since the redesign. 23%
To me, everything honestly seems about the same as it did before the redesign. 15%

Wanted to make this thread in an attempt to see how the entire GS community feels about the performance of Gamespot today.

I would also like to receive honest feedback from mods and admins working on the website. Do you feel that Gamespot is more or less buggy today than it was a year and a half ago?

I don't actually know if Gamespot is running better or worse than it did two years ago - for all I know, maybe everything is running a lot better behind the scenes. Maybe there are less bugs and glitches being reported now than there were prior to the October 2013 site redesign?

That said, it seems to me that this website has gotten a whoooooole lot messier since the redesign. I am always getting errors, like whenever I try to post comments or thread replies, or even whenever I click a link to another page of the site from the main page it will sometimes temporarily be unable to find that page and give me an error.

How is everyone else feeling about the current performance of Gamespot?

• 
DonRade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 DonRade
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

Alright so I just decided to come back to this site, maybe become more active. Not sure what version are you comparing this to. But going back to 2009-10 look, this is infinitely better. The whole design looks more modern, easier to edit, a lot of new options, etc. Just to me personally exactly what I would want. Of course there are still a few minor things that can be improved but I like this "new" look.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I would say it performs much the same. But with a lack of features and nonsensical design choices. And the main problem: The site feels hollow and devoid of personality. Probably because many people left. Wonder why...

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@SolidSnake35: you should've guessed...it's the union. With these,the majority wouldn't have left,now it's only a handful of veterans.it did get the data all brought up a few months after,but it was forsaken.I once abolished one of them due to the fact that it might not survive the change. Truth to be told,it's a regret not to recover the awesome stories into the leader's/officers'/members' blog before it's gone.

Zakule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Zakule
Member since 2002 • 74 Posts

The redesign completely destroyed what was once the best gaming site on the internet. There is absolutely nothing on the new site that is an improvement over the old in terms of features an general usability. I don't doubt that under the hood the new site is easier to maintain than the old, which was apparently running on obsolete software, but the redesigned failed completely to retain what made the old site good. Was it really so hard to retain the categorization by genre and all the other search features? Because without them you don't have a gaming site that's worth looking at.