This topic is locked from further discussion.

SexyExplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SexyExplosion
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
My old account is Genesis45, which is also my xbox live GT.  I would like to use this account, however I do not know the email used for the account, could that information possibly be passed to me?
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
You can log-in using the user name and password.  Do you still know the password?
SexyExplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SexyExplosion
yes, I still know the password.  I have not found out where to login with just the username, how do I do that?
Gallego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Gallego
Member since 2003 • 19446 Posts
yes, I still know the password. I have not found out where to login with just the username, how do I do that?SexyExplosion
instead of writting the e-mail on the e-mail box, write your username. Of course, you will have to log off this account to do it.
SexyExplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SexyExplosion
I see the problem now.  I typed the email as cmar1@gmail.com instead of cmcar1@gmail.com.  So, to get the confirmation email I need I have to change the email to cmcar1@gmail.com.  However, it won't let me.  Every time I change it, it changes it back to cmar1@gmail.com.  The email I want to use (cmcar1@gmail.com) is not in use, so I don't understand.
Gallego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gallego
I see the problem now. I typed the email as cmar1@gmail.com instead of cmcar1@gmail.com. So, to get the confirmation email I need I have to change the email to cmcar1@gmail.com. However, it won't let me. Every time I change it, it changes it back to cmar1@gmail.com. The email I want to use (cmcar1@gmail.com) is not in use, so I don't understand.SexyExplosion
I believe it takes a while to update keep trying, but if it just doesn't, then try it over at either TV.com or MP3.com, you can log  in to those sites with your regular gamespot account. Then simply go to Prefs and change the e-mail. The changes you make to your account info, such as e-mail, there, changes here too.
SexyExplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SexyExplosion
I went to tv.com and mp3.com, and I tried to change the email there, but when I went to do it a blank screen would pop up and say "Bad Request".   I think something is wrong on my end.  I set the prefs to allow all cookies from those sites, but still nothing.
Gallego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gallego
I went to tv.com and mp3.com, and I tried to change the email there, but when I went to do it a blank screen would pop up and say "Bad Request".   I think something is wrong on my end.  I set the prefs to allow all cookies from those sites, but still nothing.SexyExplosion
No its not your fault, its a rather common problem that users seem to be experiencing. Just keep at it, it will eventually change. Try doing a few things, like changing browsers, maybe that helps.