a "Top 5" Forum

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arborescence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Arborescence
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
Would it be reasonable to isolate "Top 5" threads to a specific forum? I think it might greatly increase substantive discussion that can be greatly lacking at points. Also, it might be interesting to consider a "Polls" forum. Both of these would allow individuals to focus on system specific DISCUSSIONS, as opposed to "Hey internets, how is my taste in games!" It's surprisingly similar to the "rate my collection" items, which it appears have been banned. Just a thought.
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
Yeah things like this have been brought up many times, but nothing is ever done about it. Makes you wonder about who's listening and who isn't.
Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teivan
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
Yeah things like this have been brought up many times, but nothing is ever done about it. Makes you wonder about who's listening and who isn't.mariomaniac92
We always listen, we just don't have a staff of thousands to do it all. :( We are looking at ways to bring more popular boards to the fore-ground. The posting now feature was one of the ideas that we came up with (though that hasn't turned out how we expected and we need to rework it). Don't get discouraged, keep giving us great ideas. Just please be patient that it doesn't happen all at once. ;)
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
somehow i dnt think creating a board for them would get them out of other boards...espceially in the case of the poll one..which would probably cause more spam if anything...altho of course it could be made impossible to post msgs in threads in that forum and limit them just to starting up a thread and leaving it as just the poll and nothing more...still tho..i really dnt think anything like that is necessary...
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Yes the posting now dont seem to have posts made in Unions FYI, just the GF?GS fourms
rymich13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rymich13
Member since 2006 • 403 Posts

[QUOTE="mariomaniac92"]Yeah things like this have been brought up many times, but nothing is ever done about it. Makes you wonder about who's listening and who isn't.Teivan
We always listen, we just don't have a staff of thousands to do it all. :( We are looking at ways to bring more popular boards to the fore-ground. The posting now feature was one of the ideas that we came up with (though that hasn't turned out how we expected and we need to rework it). Don't get discouraged, keep giving us great ideas. Just please be patient that it doesn't happen all at once. ;)

hire all of us, wait a minute some of us may not have the experience