A peculiar title under my username

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

User Lists: 0

#1 Asagea_888
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, and if it isn't, I apologize in advance.

I posted in the forums last night and noticed a peculiar title underneath my username that states (gamerep). I'm flattered, of course, but I'm not a game developer by any means, and I certainly don't work for a game publishing company. I was wondering what I did to get this label and/or if it isn't some sort of glitch. Thanks in advance!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Have you done anything game developer related lately because that's the only way you can get the title without a glitch affecting your profile?

Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Asagea_888

Have you done anything game developer related lately because that's the only way you can get the title without a glitch affecting your profile?

super600

Nope, haven't done anything of the sort. I only wish I could do anything game developer related, but I'm not that smart. :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

Asagea_888

Nope, haven't done anything of the sort. I only wish I could do anything game developer related, but I'm not that smart. :P

I'm thinking a glitch affected your profile.I will talk to one of the admins about this later.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#5 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
That tag comes with the 'Foreign Dignitary' Emblem which you also have last I checked..if you're not part of the industry though then it's likely a bug or some sort of mistake/misunderstanding that resulted in you getting it. Contacting customer support (or an appropriate Staff member via PM) about it yourself would likely be the fastest way to get it removed if you're certain you don't deserve it - the tag/emblem are most likely connected much like the GS staff/mod badge/ranger emblems and tags are.
Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Asagea_888
[QUOTE="robbristow"]That tag comes with the 'Foreign Dignitary' Emblem which you also have last I checked..if you're not part of the industry though then it's likely a bug or some sort of mistake/misunderstanding that resulted in you getting it. Contacting customer support (or an appropriate Staff member via PM) about it yourself would likely be the fastest way to get it removed if you're certain you don't deserve it - the tag/emblem are most likely connected much like the GS staff/mod badge/ranger emblems and tags are.

Yeah, I know for certain that I don't deserve the Gamerep title -- I'm afraid people may get the wrong idea. I'll talk to a staffer through PM. Thanks :)
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

This is something that has to be manually granted by a staff member but I do show that it happened on Halloween day. How spooky!

Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Asagea_888

Whew, it's gone! What a relief. Thanks so much, Jody.