A few suggestions for improving the posting history

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
I find the posting history's not great for finding a post made by you when you've got loads of posts from different boards to fish through. So I've thought of a few suggestions, and since I have too much free time on my hands I've made images suggesting what they would look like.

1) A search box in the posting history
This has probably already been suggested, in which case consider this my support of the idea. Anyway, as the name implies I think we should be able to search through our histories to find posts easier.

2) Be able to view posts based on what board they were posted on
I've thought something like this would be handy when you know which board a message is posted in, but there are too many posts in the board to possibly find it (and you can't remember enough of the post to search for it, if a search is implemented).

My idea is that each board have a link to the user's posting history for that board, like this:

Notice the link under the "next/last page" links

If this is implemented it hopefully won't look as obtrusive and slapped-on as I've done it there, but that's just an example. The link would lead the user to a list of all their posts in that board, like this:

I'm probably not the first to come up with these ideas, but I think it would be convenient if we could find posts easier.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
I can see you've put a great deal of effort into this. I am definately in full support of this as it would be much easier to look for an old thread you posted in rather than saving it in favourites etc. My main concern is that this is quite a complex feature to implement and GS simply don't have the resources and manpower to do so in a moderate amount of time.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
This would help a lot. I don't really go to my post history because it's so un organized, but I would if these were implemented
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I love this idea! I have seen it before, but it's a great one. As long as the search function could be decent, it'd be great. Searching by a specific forum is what I like.:)
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
I'd like to see this added in some format, good idea! As _Sam_ said, going to your posting history can simply be a hassle at times.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I'd like to see this added in some format, good idea! As _Sam_ said, going to your posting history can simply be a hassle at times.icytower38
and it's pointless if you are posting in only a few threads alot. It's harder to check to see if there were any replies to posts a day earlier