A few ideas for enhancement...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

I have heard a few users say that they would like to be able to set a default font, instead of having to set it in each message they make. I was wondering if there could be a simple way that option could be made available in our user preferences/forum tabs so that we can just set a default font of our choice once.:)

The other idea I had was when users join either on the confirmation email or having a pm sent right after confirmation if a few links to important forums could be added. So they wouldn't have to find out about Welcome Newbies, or Ask the Mods (About Moderation Issues) by making threads about it in inappropriate forums. Or maybe even a link to a quick tutorial explaining stickied threads and basic forum use to help new users not make so many mistakes. I know you guys are busy but it sounded like a good idea to me, so thank you for taking the time to take both of these ideas into consideration. :)

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
I definitely agree with the font setting in our profile thing. I'd like to have my own personal colored font but I don't wanna have to set it everytime I post. Its too hectic and time consuming. I hope we can have this implemented or that you guys look into it. Thanx.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

Part one has been suggested before, and as I did in that thread I give full support for having a default color/s.t.y.l.e section in your preferences for posting in the fourms.

Part two would be something that is almost impossible. Important threads can change constantly so I don't think that would be possible to do.

Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
The other idea I had was when users join either on the confirmation email or having a pm sent right after confirmation if a few links to important forums could be added. So they wouldn't have to find out about Welcome Newbies, or Ask the Mods (About Moderation Issues) by making threads about it in inappropriate forums. Or maybe even a link to a quick tutorial explaining stickied threads and basic forum use to help new users not make so many mistakes. I know you guys are busy but it sounded like a good idea to me, so thank you for taking the time to take both of these ideas into consideration. :)double_decker
Very interesting. The FAQ's in the Welcome Newbies board contain all this information so a PM about this would definitely help. The PM can also suggest the users to read through the Terms of Use again for general rules of conduct on this site. Great idea.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Both ideas sound reasonable to me.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 double_decker
Part two would be something that is almost impossible. Important threads can change constantly so I don't think that would be possible to do.icytower38
I know the threads change all the time, I was just thinking of a short little introduction, with examples of general board use, stressing the importance of certain boards and the importance of stickied threads immediately upon joining.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I think that it should be a subscriber only feature, so the forum doesn't turn into a rainbow :P I suggested this over a year ago, but I haven't seen anyone post about it since. great minds think alike :P It mainly needs a link to "Welcome Newbies" and the TOU
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 double_decker
[QUOTE="_Sam_"]I think that it should be a subscriber only feature, so the forum doesn't turn into a rainbow :P I suggested this over a year ago, but I haven't seen anyone post about it since. great minds think alike :P It mainly needs a link to "Welcome Newbies" and the TOU

I agree, and I like the subscriber only idea as well:) another incentive to fork over the cash :twisted: :lol:
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
I support these enhancements all the way. The font idea is the best.