Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

There doesn't appear to be a thread on this so here goes:

Clicking on the "Forum History" button (when in the account toolbar or accessed through my profile) brings up a "500: Internal Server Error" message with the new dungeon crawler game and all that.

The URL is http://www.gamespot.com/profile/forums/

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Try your account specific forum history link: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/LoG-Sacrament/forums/

You can also access that page by clicking on the public URL option next to the edit profile and messages button on the generic profile page followed by pressing the forums (history) button on the public profile.

It seems that forum histories are working fine, there's just something wrong with that particular page link, resulting in a http 500 internal server error instead of displaying the appropriate page.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

@robotopbuddy: Thanks!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@robotopbuddy said:

Try your account specific forum history link: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/LoG-Sacrament/forums/

You can also access that page by clicking on the public URL option next to the edit profile and messages button on the generic profile page followed by pressing the forums (history) button on the public profile.

It seems that forum histories are working fine, there's just something wrong with that particular page link, resulting in a http 500 internal server error instead of displaying the appropriate page.

That's not working correctly either. I don't get a 500 error when I view my history that way, but I can only view the first page. No matter what page number I click or type into the GET variable in the URL, it only displays the first page.

-Byshop

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator

@Byshop: That would be because the page variable appears to be completely broken for forum history pages for some reason - and has been for a little while actually, for some reason I assumed that was fixed and never thought to check. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll raise that as well.

PS: a SkiFree avatar? I haven't seen anything from that in ages, had almost forgotten it even existed.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@robotopbuddy said:

thanks a ton. i was wondering wat was up with that

edit: damn it, it wont let me get past the first page of my history. i click on say page 5 and nothing happens

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

I'm going to go ahead and bump this...

because you chaps seem to have forgotten to keep us informed as to what's going on, as per Lark's promise...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/what-s-new-mar-7-31129171

@LarkAnderson said: This is going to become a weekly thing, so hold onto your butts!

larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#8 larkanderson
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

@s_h_a_d_o: It's not that I've forgotten, so much that I've been so busy with E3 that I haven't had much time to spend in the forums, or out of the office, or sick, but enough excuses from me, and apologies. These updates will begin appearing regularly again, starting this Friday, with a big one to cover the past few weeks.

As for these particular issues (pagination not working and the /profile/forums/ link not working), I've filed these as bugs and got them in our work queue. Thanks for reporting these!

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By s_h_a_d_o

@LarkAnderson said:

@s_h_a_d_o: It's not that I've forgotten, so much that I've been so busy with E3 that I haven't had much time to spend in the forums, or out of the office, or sick, but enough excuses from me, and apologies. These updates will begin appearing regularly again, starting this Friday, with a big one to cover the past few weeks.

As for these particular issues (pagination not working and the /profile/forums/ link not working), I've filed these as bugs and got them in our work queue. Thanks for reporting these!

Cool, ta. :)

Fingers crossed this comment...

@LarkAnderson said:
This is actually being addressed in a complete overhaul of our notifications system, which should be released this week and will allow you to control each type of notification on an individual basis.

... means we'll be able to separate wheat from chaff, and prioritise the tracking of Friend's blogs (again).

larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 larkanderson

@s_h_a_d_o: Both of these bugs are now fixed. Yay!

As for prioritizing the tracking of Friends' blogs, what do you mean by that? BTW, our new notifications are out now, so you can check the settings in your profile settings page now!

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By s_h_a_d_o

@LarkAnderson said:

@s_h_a_d_o:

BTW, our new notifications are out now, so you can check the settings in your profile settings page now!

Yeah, I had a look at the new settings - tried to disable emails for these two, but they wouldn't save changes and kept reverting to what's displayed...

@LarkAnderson said:

As for prioritizing the tracking of Friends' blogs, what do you mean by that?

Well, I realise we can now specify how we're notified regarding blog posts, but I was hoping we might see a separate feed incorporated into our Feed tab.

@LarkAnderson said:

Also, when you say "fixed", does that take into account the fact that I now receive notification of having quoted myself? :|

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator

@s_h_a_d_o said:

Yeah, I had a look at the new settings - tried to disable emails for these two, but they wouldn't save changes and kept reverting to what's displayed...

They seem to working fine for me, it's possible they weren't working earlier due to the system being recently added, so it may be worth trying again

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@LarkAnderson said:

Also, when you say "fixed", does that take into account the fact that I now receive notification of having quoted myself? :|

That would be in reference to the forum history pages - both pagination and the non-username specific forum links now work, though the performance seems a little poor. That said, the site in general seems rather slow for me at the moment, both are probably temporary.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

It works for me now.

Also, I know this comment will just be ignored but...

Now if only we can unfavorite multiple boards at once, like we used to be able to.

larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 larkanderson

@s_h_a_d_o: We've identified an issue that causes this to happen and will be fixing this. Thanks for reporting it!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@robotopbuddy said:

@Byshop: That would be because the page variable appears to be completely broken for forum history pages for some reason - and has been for a little while actually, for some reason I assumed that was fixed and never thought to check. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll raise that as well.

PS: a SkiFree avatar? I haven't seen anything from that in ages, had almost forgotten it even existed.

It's working for me now too.

Regarding the avatar, I made it myself using screen grabs from the game. :)

-Byshop