Thanatos2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Thanatos2k
Member since 2004 • 17660 Posts

Spammers has seriously gotten out of control. Every single article seems to have numerous spammer comments with their scam links in them. I can only imagine the mods are under a deluge of flags for these posts. So I have a solution to lighten your load.

Don't allow new accounts to post links in comments for a certain length of time (1 month sounds good).

Spammer problem solved.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@Thanatos2k: Hello,

GameSpot staff are looking into various solutions, some of which have already been implemented and really have made a positive impact on the amount of spam we have to sift through. But yes, while there is still a lot of spam, but there has to be a balance between getting new users on board without frustrating them so much they quit before they ever really start and limiting spam, which will always be around as spammers find ways around most systems. Personally, I think even a week might work, but then again some people sign up because they want to comment, and not being able to do so immediately may hinder new signups. That's just my own opinion, though, not necessarily the same as the GS staff.

I suggest you post this suggestion in the Bug Reporting & Feedback forum since staff are the ones who implement these kinds of things.

Regards,

GameSpot Moderation Team

Thanatos2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Thanatos2k
Member since 2004 • 17660 Posts

Let them comment, just auto-pend their post if they post a link. Put the limitation on the sign up page.