"Sexism in Gaming: The Documentary" thread was just deleted?

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

I'm curious to know why my thread is completely gone. It wasn't locked, it was just removed entirely and I got no message explaining why. I specifically made it a point not to get into arguments in the thread to avoid getting it closed down and it happened anyway. So I'm curious as to why?

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure if it is deleted or not. Someone else just commented on it but the thread is not showing up on the forum for me and when I try to click on the link for it, I get a 404 error.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#2 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

If I had to guess, I imagine it was deleted on the grounds of appearing as an advertisement. The post reads like a pitch rather than a general thread to discuss the film, especially since you're involved with it. I mean, granted, there was some discussion going on (before the Gamergate brigade derailed things), but, again: if I had to guess, I'd say it was deleted because the acting mod interpreted it as another drive-by advertisement.

If you'd like, I can try tracking down the acting moderator and ask for clarification on the matter.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3 HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

@c_rakestraw said:

If I had to guess, I imagine it was deleted on the grounds of appearing as an advertisement. The post reads like a pitch rather than a general thread to discuss the film, especially since you're involved with it. I mean, granted, there was some discussion going on (before the Gamergate brigade derailed things), but, again: if I had to guess, I'd say it was deleted because the acting mod interpreted it as another drive-by advertisement.

If you'd like, I can try tracking down the acting moderator and ask for clarification on the matter.

Yes, thank you. Well, I want to point out a couple of things. I specifically mentioned in the post that the thread was mainly posted to see if any other female gamers wanted to get involved in the documentary. The second thing is that I am funding it myself so its not like I am here asking for money or wanting anyone to buy something. If it was removed because of GamerGate people trying to derail it then that is hardly fair considering that I made it a point not to engage in discussions with them about GamerGate, If that is the case then they can just use that as a cheap tactic to get any anti-GG thread closed down.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

It's definitely a problem, and I wish I had an easy solution. Did what I could to keep Gamergate and its toxic influence off the boards, but my hands are tied now. If it was indeed deleted because of the Gamergate derailment, I'll see to it that we handle the situation appropriately.

Anyway, I'll ask around. Hang tight.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Hello @hailtothequeen,

Thank you for reaching out to the mods about this topic. To be entirely transparent here, when a post is flagged for the moderation team to review it goes into a queue. I was the moderator that went over this post and I remember reading it and finding nothing necessarily wrong or against the Code of Conduct. I was fairly confident that I hit the "ignore" button, but it appears that I made a mistake and accidentally deleted the thread. It was 100% my mistake and again, I greatly appreciate you reaching out to us. I will restore the original thread. Thank you so much for your understanding and patience with this. If you have any other questions then please feel free to respond to this thread or reach out to me personally via PM.