Seize the ad post on a certain safe thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

I was at this thread http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/what-do-we-want-32278744/

And I discovered a shady ad blocking the way,I already flagged the alleged post as usual,and I already threatened the advertiser to never return...my question is

Does clearing advertisements like from a disposable account in a legal and board-related topic a part of the moderator's job? Because it seems it's not easy to notice these things than it was with the ad threads.

Thanks for the understanding.

SB50.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

When you see a thread like that remember to flag and ignore it. We are supposed to purge threads like that. I did it so the problem should be mostly solved besides future spam threads and already existing ones I don't know about.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@shadowchronicle: what I mean is that there's a filler that seems so insignificant made by these spammers,it's trying to evade the law by hiding into the topics set up by legal users,this needs to stop and it requires the topic creator's supervision,yes I know there's a huge rulebook stickied to every important boards of this site,but legal and board-related topics also in need of proper spam protection,not just one book for all,if I were you,I'd probably seize their ads and sentence them to an IP-ban.

Thank you for your response.

SB50.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#4  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Moderators do not have the power to IP ban and a lot of times they just create a new account and start the process again.

Rather it is not posts mixed with spam, the author had the intention of creating a topic and spamming it it so I moved it. For spam posts we will delete them since their purpose is to advertise.

I'm sorry we can't do what you prefer but its not really in our power.