How does one disable his/her gamespot user profile?

seanmp5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seanmp5
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

So, yeah...

How DOES one disable his/her gamespot profile?

seanmp5.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@seanmp5:

I'm not aware of a way to actually disable a profile, but you can edit your profile to show virtually zero information about you, which you appear to have done or you haven't included information in the first place, and to set all of your notification preferences to "disable" so that you are not notified of updates via email. If you're asking about account deletion, that tool is currently not working, but we can put you in the deletion queue for when it is back up if you're willing to answer a few questions. Deletion does not eliminate your posting history, though.

Please let us know if that helps, or if you would like to pursue something else.

Regards,

GameSpot Moderation Team

seanmp5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 seanmp5
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

zyxe:

Ok. Just put me in the line for deletion. That's fine.

Seanmp5.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@seanmp5:

As I stated before, the deletion software is currently not fuctional; however, we'll save your information and delete your account when the tool is fixed--just follow the directions below. I don't know when this will occur. To mark your account for deletion, please send a private message with the following information to GameSpot's Community Manager:

- Email address

- Username

- Reason for deletion

IF YOU DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, you must agree to the following:

Your account will be removed and you will not be able to access your GameSpot profile again.

If you're deleting your account to get out of a ban or a suspension, we will BAN any new accounts you try to create.

Regards,

GameSpot Moderator Team