Has anybody gotten it from Gamestop?

#1 Posted by DeathLigerX (27 posts) -

I was wondering because twice i've been to gamestop (not today.) And both times they said Feb 5th. I asked the second time if the 4th was the shipping date or not and the dude didn't know anything. I'm leaving later to celebrate a birthday of someones and i'm wondering if its worth heading to the gamestop and asking.

#2 Posted by Thunderstarter (2663 posts) -

Try calling ahead before you go, but if you don't mind not having a physical copy you can download it from the eshop today. 

#3 Posted by darkfiercelink (117 posts) -

My GS said it will be available to pick up on 5th as well. I hope that is the case since I don't want to wait till the 8th to play it

#4 Posted by ad1x2 (5795 posts) -
I ordered it from their website and it shipped a few hours ago. Thought it would have shipped sooner since they charged my credit card last Wednesday. I only ordered from them because of the art book, otherwise I would have just bought it off of Amazon and saved five bucks on shipping.
#5 Posted by prime_pm (32 posts) -

Heads up all online shoppers: the price for FE:A on Amazon just jumped to $56.70.  Bad news for those who never pre-ordered.

#6 Posted by MitsuharuSaito (17 posts) -

For anyone who is going to purchase Fire Emblem: Awakening:

I just spoke with a Gamestop representative. There apparently was a manufacturing/distribution problem, so the games weren't released on their adverstised date. What I'm hearning now is that those who pre-ordered their copy of FE:A should be able to pick up the game sometime tomorrow, Feb 6. For those who didn't pre-order, Gamestop suggested that you purchased the game via the Nintendo eShop, since you only have to pay $40 instead of the increased rates due to limited physical copies.

#7 Posted by DeathLigerX (27 posts) -

I just spoke with a Gamestop representative. There apparently was a manufacturing/distribution problem, so the games weren't released on their adverstised date. What I'm hearning now is that those who pre-ordered their copy of FE:A should be able to pick up the game sometime tomorrow, Feb 6. For those who didn't pre-order, Gamestop suggested that you purchased the game via the Nintendo eShop, since you only have to pay $40 instead of the increased rates due to limited physical copies.

MitsuharuSaito

Are you sure!?

#8 Posted by DeathLigerX (27 posts) -

NVM got mine today! Appearantly they only had enough copies for the people that preordered it. Thank goodness they put the artbook as a bonus or else I would be waiting like heck for this game. Gonna play it now. Have fun waiting.

#9 Posted by YoBrandino (1546 posts) -
Picked up mine from GameStop today too!
#10 Posted by DeathLigerX (27 posts) -

Picked up mine from GameStop today too!YoBrandino

Doesn't it feel good to finally get it. :3 Nice tenchi muyo pic.

#11 Posted by Plisken1 (1426 posts) -

The only place that had a copy was shopko in my town, but that was the last one out of west bend, wisconsin

#12 Posted by Soniczero1993 (35067 posts) -

I bought the Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS.

I'm so good at this.

#13 Posted by Apocalypse324 (1486 posts) -

I went today at one in my area and they had just gotten two copies in

#14 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

MitsuharuSaito
I hadn't heard about the shipping error for Fire Emblem: Awakening to arrive at Gamestop. I was lucky to find the only available copy of the game at one of the two Gamestops in town. I kept go back to the two stores after the release of Fire Emblem along with checking up on the Gamestop app to see if it was available. All the other copies of the game were mainly for those who pre-ordered it.