About marriage

#1 Posted by WeissWolf (82 posts) -

Is it manditory that our character has to be married by chapter 11, even if my character hasn't really developed any real realationship with anyone or can I wait till any point in the game, even way later on when I've gotten all of the characters, then bring up their relationships and get married way later on in the game?

Please let me know, it would be really sweet if I could gat married at any point of the game if I wanted.

#2 Posted by Shade9222 (194 posts) -
Marriage is not manditory for any character by chapter 11. If you choose to let certain characters marry later on it will only open other bonus levels with the child (composed of skills based on their parents). This can happen in the last chapter if you really want it to, and timing is no real issue. You don't have to worry about forcing units together cause they're support will grow through the game and you can end up with these alternative chapters much later.
#3 Posted by Shade9222 (194 posts) -
If I didn't make it clear in the above comment: yes you can have characters get married at anytime in the game
#4 Posted by SirBroad (5 posts) -
Just a quick note that I didn't see touched on: There are instances where the child's base class and class set is dependent on the actual marriage: For example, Morgan is always the base class of the parent that isn't the Tactician, unless that class is a unique one such as Lord or Dancer, in which case Morgan will simply be a Tactician.
#5 Posted by Shade9222 (194 posts) -
I think Morgan is the only one with that feature (correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to try another play through with someone in a different class)
#6 Posted by Caffiene_free (145 posts) -

Guess I'll post here instead of creating a whole new thread.

*SPOILER*

Does chrom automatically marry whoever he is closest with after Ch11?  I had Sully A with S available but I didn't want that pairing but after the level they automatically went together....and my farthest back save is ch9 and no one else is even B with him...don't think it's possible to change who he marries is it? xD

Also, how does the whole 'children' thing work without spoilers?  Are children of each couple UNIQUE units?  Like, unique sprite etc...I know there stats are dependant on parents but I care more about pairing :3

Thanks in advance!!

#7 Posted by Soniczero1993 (35067 posts) -

You can easily fix it where Chrom doesn't marry Sully. Just constantly fight Risen with the couple of your choice. It's what I've been doing, grinding Supports until I very nearly have every child in the game.

#8 Posted by SirBroad (5 posts) -
As far as actual children go, yes, each child is their own unit with pre-set sprite and class, Morgan being the one exception since his/her class is set by the non-tactician parent. I'm fairly sure in every case the child is the same for the mother (with the exception of Chrom and a male Avatar), and the father only influences hair colour. This is without taking stats into account, of course.
I think Morgan is the only one with that feature (correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to try another play through with someone in a different class)Shade9222
Yeah, I was just going for a generic example that didn't give too much away. XD
#9 Posted by Caffiene_free (145 posts) -

Hmm I've already beaten all the risen, do I have to pay for one of those risen calling items?

And dang...so much exploring to do :o

#10 Posted by Soniczero1993 (35067 posts) -
You might have to, but I get so much money from Risen, I get MORE money than what I used to spend on the item.
#11 Posted by YoBrandino (1546 posts) -
You can buy that box to fight more Risen, but you can also download free teams to battle throught the wireless bonus box area. And each of those let you unlock a past Fire Emblem character. Its free and you can do it over and over.
#12 Posted by Banchan000 (7 posts) -

You can easily fix it where Chrom doesn't marry Sully. Just constantly fight Risen with the couple of your choice. It's what I've been doing, grinding Supports until I very nearly have every child in the game.

Soniczero1993
Another way is to just marry Sully off to someone else. Her -1 str -1 mag modifiers pretty much make Kjelle useless anyways. quick note: in order to get Olivia to marry Chrom, you must not have a "C" or higher relationship with Sumia, Sully, or Maribelle, and you have to get more relationship points with Olivia than the previously mentioned characters during chapter 11. It's quite annoying, really. You can't get galeforce on Inigo if you go for that, which made me sad.