Don't bother buying this piece of **** for a few weeks, unplayable

#1 Posted by vfibsux (4217 posts) -

By unplayable I mean you cannot even create a character because all of the servers are locked out. If you get lucky on a 3 minute timer refresh you might be able to join your character to a server. If you get lucky after that you might get into the queue....but you are more likely to get a 1017 error that just says "server full...gtfo" and you have to spam login over and over for God knows how long just to get into a queue that allows......get this......ready?.............100 people in it. 

Full of fail, completely full of fail. Another crap MMO launch.

#2 Posted by 1nverted (1654 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. I suspect that these launch issues will clear in a few days though, maybe only hours. I think "weeks" is pushing it a little bit.

#3 Posted by Kimura410 (22 posts) -

As soon as I logged on yesterday I was able to create my character, and the first world I chose was not open so I just picked another one and get right in. I barely had problems. Aside from the fact that SONY did not update PSN so that I could enter the registration code to play until 5 pm. 

My only beef is the amount of AFK players I saw in the world. They need to boot people who are AFK for like 20 mins or something in order to let actual players in.

#4 Posted by Crimson_Erskine (34 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. I suspect that these launch issues will clear in a few days though, maybe only hours. I think "weeks" is pushing it a little bit.

1nverted
Do you know anything about what he's talking about? Then don't look stupid. They have strict server caps that will take atleast a week to fix, as stated by the company itself. If you haven't bought it, hold off for two weeks just until this dust settles.
#5 Posted by nemesis9632 (82 posts) -

I installed the game picked a world and was told that I was in "Q", 550 ppl were ahead of me, tried three more times and got in, not too bad imo, but i do know where the frustration level is coming from. this game is useless unless u can get into a server.  Hang in there and no need to keep trying, i tried once left the room and when i came back i was logged in  lol

#6 Posted by aslps33 (1 posts) -

As soon as I logged on yesterday I was able to create my character, and the first world I chose was not open so I just picked another one and get right in. I barely had problems. Aside from the fact that SONY did not update PSN so that I could enter the registration code to play until 5 pm. 

My only beef is the amount of AFK players I saw in the world. They need to boot people who are AFK for like 20 mins or something in order to let actual players in.

Kimura410
exactly there are soooo many afk people especially if you look in the sanctuaries for people trying to get that exp boost but these problems are not over exxagerated and if you got in first try consider yourself lucky i have spent around 10 hours trying to get into the game the last two days compared to about 1 hour of playing before i got booted
#7 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (317 posts) -

My predictions were true. Square Enix has **** up, once again. It's what happends when they try to remake the game from the beginning. What a terrible game.

Raptr Gamercard

#8 Posted by Dat-tsu (270 posts) -

My predictions were true. Square Enix has **** up, once again. It's what happends when they try to remake the game from the beginning. What a terrible game.AQWBlaZer91

Actually the game itself is quite good and remarkably polished for an MMO at launch. So good, in fact, that the servers are full to bursting, hence why other people can't log in. It's a matter of technical issues, not a matter of the game itself being objectively bad. 

___

"Empires do not suffer emptiness of purpose at the time of their creation. It is when they have become established that aims are lost and replaced by vague ritual." -Words of Muad'dib by Princess Irulan

#9 Posted by Dizzy1976 (646 posts) -

Yeah all game are terrible because they underestimated the server loads. O-o Go home

The game is actually really good IMO.

#10 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
i can't remember a single MMO that had an ideal launch and I've played most of the more popular ones. not such an impressive prediction.
#11 Posted by IrrationalBeast (18 posts) -
Guild Wars 2 launch was infinitely better than this stinker. Remember when ANet had to suspend digital sales due its poor planning? Oh wait that never happened because even though their game sucked after 80 ANet has their sh*t together.
#12 Posted by mrshivery (11 posts) -

i can't remember a single MMO that had an ideal launch and I've played most of the more popular ones. not such an impressive prediction.Kickable

I can remember.  Guild Wars 1, DDO, LOTRO, Conan, Rift, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall 2, and a couple others, I can't remember the names.  I have been playing MMO's since Ultima Online.  These that I listed, I was there for launch, and the launch was much much smoother than what we have with "A Realm Reborn".  I hope this game is as good as everyone is saying that it is.  Because this is the worst launch for an MMO ever.  It's as bad, if not worse than the latest Sim City. 

#13 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
Guild Wars 2 launch was infinitely better than this stinker. Remember when ANet had to suspend digital sales due its poor planning? Oh wait that never happened because even though their game sucked after 80 ANet has their sh*t together.IrrationalBeast

[QUOTE="Kickable"]i can't remember a single MMO that had an ideal launch and I've played most of the more popular ones. not such an impressive prediction.mrshivery

I can remember.  Guild Wars 1, DDO, LOTRO, Conan, Rift, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall 2, and a couple others, I can't remember the names.  I have been playing MMO's since Ultima Online.  These that I listed, I was there for launch, and the launch was much much smoother than what we have with "A Realm Reborn".  I hope this game is as good as everyone is saying that it is.  Because this is the worst launch for an MMO ever.  It's as bad, if not worse than the latest Sim City. 

By an ideal launch I mean little to no server problems, which barely ever happens. I'm not even saying FFXIV launch has been similar, or has had a smoother launch than those games, I haven't even started playing it yet. I'm just giving that guy crap for taking a very common launch problem as an indication Square has made an awful game. Even the best MMOs have had server issues for a significant number of people(though seemingly it doesn't affect everyone) at launch or after. He obviously doesn't like this game for other reasons, possibly not even played it either, or is just too lazy to list reasonable gripes to match his criticism.
#14 Posted by Preistg (20 posts) -
lol really huh well Ive played my share of MMOS too and most of them were from launch and all I have to say is that this was the WORST yes server issues do arise but an EA that it takes 2 days to actually be able to log in. give me a break. I know you your just giving the poster crap but I know for a fact that he is right. Ive been able to play this game since EA a total of 2 days. No active Q nor an AFK system in a MMO. I expect more from a company like SqaureEnix. Look @ secret world launch they didnt have this problem and who is Funcom compared to SqaureEnix. Its like Eminem and BubbaSparxxx
#15 Posted by HollowBlade-v2 (131 posts) -

lol people trying to be trolls... Yes of course how terrible of a game that such a large amount of people are hype to play it that the servers cant handdle all the trafic. Obviously no one wants to play this garbage, people still to this day dont understand MMO launches and the fact that companies will almost ALWAYS under service their servers as too not lose too much money when the game eventually loses all its subs, I think they have the servers set up to hold the core audiance and didnt expect to get all this hype from word of mouth because the game is quite great and honestly really addicting.