All realms full...

#1 Posted by Jpsika08 (14 posts) -

Just downloaded the game and registered my account.

Already made two characters in different world and can't access them.

Apparently all world for EU/US are full.

Anybody has same problem?

#2 Posted by vfibsux (4252 posts) -

Yep, we just paid these crooks for something today we probably won't be able to play for a week the way things are going. 

#3 Posted by ZeroGravX (1296 posts) -

Sadly it's been an issue for the last 3 days. I pre-ordered the game and got to enjoy "early access" for about an hour on Saturday. Problem with this game is, you can log in and stay logged in so long as the servers are up. So, theoretically, if the server were to fill up and _no one_ logged off, no one would be able to get on. Fortunately, people do log off, but not enough to keep it balanced.

Everyone's just going to have to be patient and wait to see if it gets sorted out or the traffic dies down.

#4 Posted by vfibsux (4252 posts) -

Sadly it's been an issue for the last 3 days. I pre-ordered the game and got to enjoy "early access" for about an hour on Saturday. Problem with this game is, you can log in and stay logged in so long as the servers are up. So, theoretically, if the server were to fill up and _no one_ logged off, no one would be able to get on. Fortunately, people do log off, but not enough to keep it balanced.

Everyone's just going to have to be patient and wait to see if it gets sorted out or the traffic dies down.

ZeroGravX
**** patience. If I could get a refund and never log into this game again I would. I am tired of gamers telling me to not act like a customer. If you checked out at the cash register at a store and they took your crap and told you they might give it to you tomorrow, maybe the next day, you would be pissed. Why gamers think this is any different is beyond me.
#5 Posted by Dat-tsu (270 posts) -

**** patience. If I could get a refund and never log into this game again I would. I am tired of gamers telling me to not act like a customer. If you checked out at the cash register at a store and they took your crap and told you they might give it to you tomorrow, maybe the next day, you would be pissed. Why gamers think this is any different is beyond me. vfibsux

"Crook" implies deliberate dishonesty and/or criminal neglagance. I doubt Yoshi P and his team poured their blood, sweat and tears into remaking this game with the intention of taking your money and offering nothing in return.  I'm sorry you're getting the short end of the stick this launch. I'm not exactly playing the game as much as I'd like either and I can understand the frustration, but MMO's are known for being riddled with technical issues at launch, even with successful and progressive beta testing. 

It's okay to be frustrated and disappointed, but just remember to have some empathy for the people working very hard to make sure you can play this game. You can boycott the game if you want, but you'll be missing out if you do. 

___

Empires do not suffer emptiness of purpose at the time of their creation. It is when they have become established that aims are lost and replaced by vague ritual. -Words of Muad'dib by Princess Irulan

#6 Posted by toddx77 (3303 posts) -

Just keep trying.  Icouldn't log in yesterday until around 7:30 pacific time.  When people are going to be going to be on the east coast that is the best time to try and log in right now.  Today I only had to wait in a queue for a few minutes.

#7 Posted by IrrationalBeast (18 posts) -

lol @ the rage.  They are adding time to the free trial for all the whiney babies.  I've just been playing on JP servers in the interim with no issues, it's like playing for free until the NA stuff is up.  I personally don't care if I can't ever transfer the JP character to an NA server just enjoying the game, trying the other cities, classes, etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1lclf7/updates_server_records_update_on_server_upgrades/