#1 Posted by TheBigAristotle -
2) Is the Gladius worth maxing for Lightning?
3) I plan to have my main party be Lightning, Vanille, and Fang. I picked Vanille because the beladonna wand is awesome for her SAB role, and Fang because the gae bolg works great with her as a SEN. Is there a better party than this when all the weapons and crystals are maxed?
4) I am just about to begin chapter 11. Where is the best place to grind now that I'm on Pulse? Also what weapons and accessories should I grind towards?
#2 Posted by destrian522 -
3) Gae Bolg does nothing for Fang's SEN because counterattacks are atrocious. Even if you do stick with Light/Vanille/Fang, don't use this weapon. Use Pandoran Spear instead since debilitations actually do something. You'd be better off running a party with Sazh and Vanille so you have good buffing and good debuffing. Consider dumping Fang or Light.
The best party depends a lot on what point in the game you are in and your crystarium. In short: yes, there is a better party than this one when everything is maxed. That doesn't really matter, though. A better question would be "is there a better party right now?" The answer to that is also yes (as I discussed above).
4) I don't recommend grinding. Wait until the start of Chapter 13 for that. If you want to get stronger, do some missions. Completing Missions 1–14 will help you get access to valuable stuff. I'd do even more than that for the extra rewards (I like to do 1–34 + 55 before finishing the chapter).
Try obtaining the following:
3 Sprint Shoes
3 Aurora Scarves
An additional Blessed Talisman
3 Black Belts*
3 Rune Bracelets*
That's a lot to spend money on, so pick and choose. You'll get more resources to use as the chapter progresses. You unlock Superconductors in Mah'habara. Once you get to Oerba, consider using the 500,000 gil there on Fang's Taming Pole and Hope's Hawkeye.
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
#3 Posted by frayedmetal87 -
3. Light/Sazh/Vanille is the best party for the main game IMO, combining buffs with debuffs can increase your damage output exponentially. Fang is ok in place of Light, but you lose out on some healing ability.
4. You shouldn't really have to grind, but as others have said, missions 1-34, and 55 will give you a nice head start on chapter 12. Keep in mind you have to kill the boss at the end of 11 and backtrack if you actually want todo 55, as Death doesn't open up until stage 9 of the crystarium. Chapter 12 has an Adamantoise you can farm for a while if you use of the low level methods with Sazh or Vanille. Good cp and chance to obtain cash and traps for later on.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6 & Final Fantasy VII
#4 Posted by tiornys -
#5 Posted by theedizzyone -
#6 Posted by CatMuto -
I don't think there's a "best party" but you should use either...
While not technically the 'overall' best party, certain characters do make battles at certain points in the game easier. Or, at least, not that frustratingly difficult to get through.
Light/Vanilla/Sazh is a very good party from Chapter 9/10 onwards as Vanilla has a ton of good Debuffs, Sazh has Haste and Buffs which really help the party and Lightning is, overall, a decent character to have. Light can be replaced with Fang or Snow for more physical power, although Fang will lack the RAV role for a while.
Late in game, I found Vanilla/Fang/Lightning to be really good. You have all kinds of Debuffs with Vanilla and Fang, but you will in lack in terms of Buffing your party unless you use accessories or shrouds (Not counting Secondary Roles). Fang and Lightning are the powerhouses until Vanilla unlocks the COM role. Definitely a party I love using against Long Guis, especially with using Death and switching to COM.
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme