Preparations for disc 3

#1 Posted by EighthSage (3 posts) -
I'm almost done with disc 2, and want to plan ahead for the final battle. What should I do to beat "the final boss?" This is what I plan to do: *Get Vincent (if I can at this point) (No, I don't need help with that.) *Plan my group to fight, and level them up to 99 (Probably Vincent.) *Get L4 Limits, I don't have any *Get Ultimate weapons; so far, I only have Cait Sith's and am close to Barret's.) Once that's done, I might beat Emerald Weapon to get KoR. Do any of you have anything else I should prepare, and/or can help me with what I have listed? Thanks.
#2 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6154 posts) -

I'm almost done with disc 2, and want to plan ahead for the final battle. What should I do to beat "the final boss?" This is what I plan to do: *Get Vincent (if I can at this point) (No, I don't need help with that.) *Plan my group to fight, and level them up to 99 (Probably Vincent.) *Get L4 Limits, I don't have any *Get Ultimate weapons; so far, I only have Cait Sith's and am close to Barret's.) Once that's done, I might beat Emerald Weapon to get KoR. Do any of you have anything else I should prepare, and/or can help me with what I have listed? Thanks.EighthSage

I suggest not to do so much for the last boss. He's rather easy comprared to the weapons. First time I defeated him back in the days I guess I was around lvl 65, didn't  have all ultima weapons / 4. limits and no Kotr and still managed to end the game. If you are overpowered the last boss will feel boring. Also you don't need to kill the emerald weapon to get kotr, just get a golden chocobo