Final Fantasy IX Related Games
Chrono Cross may not have had the largest budget, but it has the largest heart.
- Release Date: Aug 15, 2000
Xenogears' reliance on story, subtlety, and mood make it Square's most anime-like RPG thus far, in many ways making the game one of its best.
- Release Date: Oct 20, 1998
Expect to finish the game all the way through in no more than 15 hours.
- Release Date: Sep 9, 1998
SaGa Frontier 2 will likely please RPG fans who are able to overlook the first title's looming shadow.
- Release Date: Jan 31, 2000
While it's a good first try, Sony's inexperience with the genre shows through, resulting in a highly generic RPG with some out-of-this-world FMV.
- Release Date: Jun 11, 2000
Breath of Fire IV is as solid a game as any of its predecessors.
- Release Date: Nov 28, 2000
Chrono Trigger is a game where the notion of time is turned upside down as players must race against it, while all the decisions made along the way will affect the past, present, and future.
- Release Date: Oct 4, 2011
RPG fans looking for something other than the standard "boy meets girl, boy loses girl in heart-wrenching cutscene, boy avenges girl's death and saves world" formula should definitely give Persona 2 a shot.
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2000
Valkyrie Profile is a complex, ambitious, and gorgeous title that offers much to like: beautiful aesthetics, an entertaining battle system, engaging characters, and a creatively balanced "dual" scenario.
- Release Date: Aug 29, 2000
SaGa Frontier is a solid, if not exactly stellar, RPG.
- Release Date: Mar 31, 1998
Those with a tolerance or desire for older games and the nostalgia inherent in them will definitely want to give Lunar 2 a shot.
- Release Date: Dec 15, 2000
Knowing off the bat that your experience with RPG Maker will frequently have you elbow-deep in the most hostile of interfaces - scripting events, penning text, or what have you - will most adequately prepare you for the rigors of RPG making.
- Release Date: Sep 19, 2000
Torneko is a charming little adventure that manages to push the nostalgia button without feeling overly dated.
- Release Date: Nov 15, 2000
- Release Date: Dec 7, 2000
Despite the little flaws that keep Legaia from being the world beater that it could have been, it still remains an engaging RPG for anyone who likes to play RPGs.
- Release Date: Mar 17, 1999
Suikoden II brings nothing new to the genre, but it executes well enough that no one will really care.
- Release Date: Aug 31, 1999
Star Ocean might not be compelling enough to play through twice, but the first time is as engaging as any RPG you're likely to play.
- Release Date: May 31, 1999
Even with its handful of new features, Breath of Fire III breaks little new ground.
- Release Date: Apr 30, 1998
Grandia is every bit as worthwhile as Final Fantasy VIII, just in different ways.
- Release Date: Sep 30, 1999
Altus' Persona for the PlayStation easily qualifies as a sleeper hit.
- Release Date: November 1996
With each successive RPG, Konami has gotten bolder and braver.
- Release Date: Jun 30, 1998
If you know you're in the market for a very lengthy and ultimately satisfying RPG and know you can get over the visuals, you owe it to yourself to give Dragon Warrior VII a try.
- Release Date: Oct 31, 2001
Though Suikoden may not be groundbreaking, it's definitely good.
- Release Date: December 1996
Every fan of RPG games should at least take a peek at this title.
- Release Date: Apr 30, 1997
Jade Cocoon is easily one of the best-looking games of the year.
- Release Date: Nov 30, 1998
- Player Reviews: 396
- Game Universe:
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2, PC, X360),
- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy VII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy VIII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy II (NES, GBA, PS),
- Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (PS2, X360, PC),
- Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 (X360, PS2, PC),
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X360),
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (PSP)
- Number of Players:
Final Fantasy IX Navigation