Has it's flaws, but boy, do the good points make up for that! Trane rules!
tobiasr47 wrote this review on .
1. Camera. It's not cool to have to make a jump between two points 20 meters up when you can't see where you're going! It's not cool fighting an enemy off screen! Well, the usual camera issues. You know 'em, right?
2. Long loading times. It takes forever to load a new level - which sucks, but I guess I can understand that. But... it also takes forever to reload when you want to continue some level you just died in. Why?
3. Artificial not-so intelligence. The CCK -the boys in orange you'll be fighting- is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and they're not very creative in their one liners either. (then again, they ain't complete morons either, and some of them are real though guys - you'll won't mind them loosing you)
4. Non-configurable button layout. Better train your WASD-coördination, because that's it. No numpad, no arrow keys. At least, if you're on PC.
5. Subtitles. Trane and company are sometimes a little hard to understand for non-English/US gamers as yours truly. And the subtitles are not quite in sync. At all.
6. Advertising. I get a little itchy if I see Nokia all over the place. Might be me.
And yet I loved this game. It has just the right mix of fighting, sneaking and tagging. It looks great. It plays great. It has the best sound track I know. Trane's graffiti is very cool, the city of New Radius looks great, the characters look very good. And that's what really matters in my book. This game could have been even better, yeah, but it has everything it needs to drag you in and make you come back for more. I think that more than outweighs the above!