does anyone know...

#1 Posted by craigkelleigh (327 posts) -

I am looking at picking up a 2nd hand copy of Fifa 12.....and I know that Fifa 13 is out in a month or so......what I was wondering is that with the English season of 2011/12 over and the 2012/2013 season about to start......

Will the EA Sports Football club continue as per normal regardless of whether you are playing Fifa 12 or Fifa 13?....will it take into account that you are playing a year old version when up-dating the current season, experience, team players, club positions etc?

(If Fifa 13 has only minor tweaks to gameplay etc - then I should probably pick up Fifa 12 - but if the Sports Football Club is going to be limited because of that then it might change my decision) - I don't really want to play Fifa 12 and find that I am always looking at last years stats, club players etc

Thanks

#2 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

If you are interested at all in career mode in FIFA games, you should check out all the new features. Sounds like good fun. For example, if if you do well enough you can be asked to manage the international squad for you country of origin. You'll have to juggle your international duties with your club duties and you'll also get to pick players for your squad.

Here is more info:

http://www.fifa13.com/news/fifa-13-career-mode-features-first-hand-look/1810/

Honestly, at this point I'd just wait for FIFA 13. Unless you are really, really strapped for cash.

#3 Posted by berobnx (2931 posts) -

hey, i havent owned a fifa game since fifa 98,, but uh i played fifa 12 with a friend 2 days ago, and i rly enjoyed it, but we only figured out how to play vs eachother in practicemode, maybe we are just bad at consoles, but if that was the only way, eehh, does any1 know if u can play in any other mode 2 player in fifa 13?

#4 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

hey, i havent owned a fifa game since fifa 98,, but uh i played fifa 12 with a friend 2 days ago, and i rly enjoyed it, but we only figured out how to play vs eachother in practicemode, maybe we are just bad at consoles, but if that was the only way, eehh, does any1 know if u can play in any other mode 2 player in fifa 13?

berobnx

Just go to Kick off and start a match. Each of you can select opposing sides and then choose a team.

This is in FIFA 12, too.