big problem at defending. help me out

#1 Posted by alnce (34 posts) -

guys do u have any hints at defending.. 1 of my problems is that i dont know how to INTERCEPT  their passes(for example how  do I  strech my defender`s leg to cut off the pass?). my players always just runs past  opponent  passes and plays out of position. my second problem is i dont know how to take away the ball from attackers. MY ALL PLAYERS JUST PLAYS OUT OF POSITION WHEN I DO a CONTAIN OR JOCKEY! AND i have a ps3 ,so please tell the right button to press to do any of those above. ThANK YOU :)

#2 Posted by alnce (34 posts) -

double post was an accident. :/

#3 Posted by fred1266 (967 posts) -

you just use contain, which is A with xbox controller, or team mate contain which is RB, while using your team mate to contain the player you can use the player u are controlling to intercept the pass by anticipating where they would pass the ball next

#4 Posted by alnce (34 posts) -

and what button is the interception.?  I mean even when i try to anticipate the direction the opponent will pass ,the ball still reaches the destination(attacker or midfield) if i hold jockey while anticipating my players just acts stupid and runs past the ball.. :/

#5 Posted by fred1266 (967 posts) -

and what button is the interception.?  I mean even when i try to anticipate the direction the opponent will pass ,the ball still reaches the destination(attacker or midfield) if i hold jockey while anticipating my players just acts stupid and runs past the ball.. :/

alnce

you playing with xbox? is so and you have it on classic like i do then intecept is X, it the same button you use to shoot

#6 Posted by fred1266 (967 posts) -

you can also use slide tackle to intercept it before it reaches the player

#7 Posted by alnce (34 posts) -

i play on ps3 and im not sure whether it is classic or not. I havent changed any game settings menu so i think its the original one.

#8 Posted by fred1266 (967 posts) -

go to settings then look for controller you can also get it when u playing a game and u pause the game, so u can see what each button does