Great, but not as good as the first.
frodnekcod wrote this review on .
1. There just isn't much too keep you entertained or spark your interest if you are stuck. There isn't much to do during some parts and it can sometimes turn you off. Not a huge hindrance though. Not enough to stop a purchase.
2. Main game is a bit too short. There is plenty to do besides the main story but most games lose a lot of player sastisfaction when you officially "beat the game" in too short amount of time.
3. Not enough charm. This title doesn't have a very classic exciting feel. The music isn't as fun as the original and some of the features seem lame compared to how they played out in the original, like arena battles.
So far it probably sounds like I don't like the game, but there is plenty of good to it.
1. More monsters, creative worlds, and fun gameplay. There are more ultimate monsters and bigger goals to achieve, and many challenges that weren't in the original. It's just a fun game all around.
2. You don't need to play DWM 1 to understand this game.
3. As an overall game and rpg, it is better than many other rpg's that were influenced by it. The worlds are not changing, so you always can rely on where you are going. Also, in this game, you walk a bit faster and that never hurts.
Verdict: A very great game on all accounts. A splendid, memorable RPG. Definitely worth your time and money. Like what I said about the original, BUY IT.