Design: Randall Montanari
EA’s real-time strategy sequel The Battle for Middle-earth II takes place during J.R.R. Tolkien’s books and Peter Jackson’s award-winning film adaptations (as well as the first game!). But it’s a new location--the northern lands where the Elves and Dwarves held off hordes of Goblins and Orcs of Mordor.
The Battle for Middle-earth II refines some gameplay elements--new resource model and you can build structures anywhere on the map--and adds new playable races, the Goblins, Elves, and Dwarves (Gondor and Rohan from the first game are combined into Men of the West). This game guide contains tips for all the new units, heroes, and abilities as well as complete walk-throughs and solutions for the two huge campaigns.
This Gamespot game guide for The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II includes:
- Forces of Good: This section provides tips for the Elves, Men of the West, and Dwarves, including strategies for units and heroes.
- Forces of Evil: Goblins, Mordor, and Isengard are covered here with tips on using units and heroes in battle.
- Good Campaign Walk-through: Look here for solutions to all objectives and bonus objectives for the good campaign.
- Evil Campaign Walk-through: This section offers complete mission walk-throughs for the evil campaign.
- Multiplayer: General strategies and coverage of all Evenstar and One Ring powers are found in this multiplayer section.
- War of the Ring: Complete territory bonuses list and tips for War of the Ring mode.