Design by Katie Bush
Rise of Nations, from Brian Reynolds, designer of Civilization II, and Big Huge Games, offers players the chance to span 6,000 years of history--from the Ancient Age to the Information Age--and engage in trade, espionage, diplomacy, and war. This comprehensive GameSpot Complete Game Guide for Rise of Nations provides everything an aspiring leader needs to achieve global domination.
The GameSpot Complete Game Guide for Rise of Nations includes:
- Economic Strategies: This section covers Rise of Nations economic strategies, including resource management, the importance of hotkeys, expansion keys, and running an efficient economy. The section also includes a rundown of the rare resources and their benefits.
- Combat Strategies: Look here for Rise of Nations combat strategies, including the importance of counter units and combined arms, combat stances, and scouting, as well as an array of combat tips covering flanking, control groups, modern warfare, generals, spies, and attrition.
- Nation Overviews: This section covers all 18 nations and describes each nation's benefits, unique units, and tactics.
- The Library, Ages, and Wonders: This section offers insight into three important Rise of Nations concepts: the research-filled library, advancing through the ages, and the magnificent--and quite beneficial--wonders.
- Technologies: Head here for a table revealing important Rise of Nations technologies, including research locations and each technology's benefits.
- Conquer the World Strategies: This section provides strategies specific to the Rise of Nations "conquer the world" campaign game.
- Multiplayer Strategies: This section provides strategies for success in a Rise of Nations multiplayer game.
Table of ContentsEconomic Strategies
Conquer the World Strategies