- Disco Kid opens every round with a star-yielding pose--give him a jab just as he strikes his post (when he flashes gold) for an easy star!
- The right-dodge is the only one that can evade both of Kid's attacks, so if you're focusing on dodging (instead of countering), make it the right-dodge. Oh, ducking works too.
Disco Kid, like the others before him, only has two moves. However, he also has a pair of poses he may strike, which makes the fight seem more complicated than it really is (if only because his "tells" can throw you off). You can tell he's about to attack when he moves to either the left or right side--each move has a generous build-up, giving you plenty of time to identify it. Now there are two ways to deal his attacks: Dodging or Countering. Dodging is easiest, and makes hum vulnerable to punches afterward. However, you can also counter them with punches (when he flashes red) to earn stars, but the timing is much more difficult, so if you're still a beginner, we strongly suggest dodging instead. To evade his moves, simply dodge to the right the moment he flashes red (even dodging a bit before is fine too), then immediately follow-up with a series of punches.
As mentioned, Disco Kid also periodically strikes a pose, of which he has two. He always opens a round with one, giving you an easy opportunity to earn a star by striking him the moment he flashes gold. Once you've accrued a star, perform a Star Punch when Disco Kid's stunned (by punching him after dodging an attack) for an instant KO! Do this whenever you collect a star for a super-easy victory.
- Health Boost!After knocking an opponent down, shake the Wiimote and Nunchuck or hammer on the 1+2 buttons simultaneously (depends on control scheme) as fast as you can to slowly regain energy before they get back up!
- Recover Health Before Rounds 2 or 3:Between rounds, when Doc gives you advice, press the - (minus) button to have Doc eat a candy bar, which will refill most of your life before the next round. You can only do this once per match, so save it for when you're low on energy.
- Extra Life! If you're in the process of being TKO'd (the animation just before Little Mac falls to the ground), immediately shake the Wiimote and Nunchuck or hammer on the 1+2 buttons (depending on control scheme) to have a chance at coming back one last time with a slight bit of health.
- Disco Kid loves to strike a pose every now and then--jab him just as he strikes it (when he flashes gold).
- Disco Kid will sometimes take a breather and flash a grin--jab him as soon as you see (or hear) his shining grin.
- When Disco Kid prepares to attack from the left, punch him the very moment you see him flash red (the timing's tricky).
- If Disco Kid backs away to the right, punch him the very moment you see him flash red (the timing's tricky).
Unleash a Star Punch (only one star's necessary) during either of Disco Kid's taunts for an instant KO! The timing is the same as if you were going for a star (that is, when he flashes gold for the first pose, or flashes his grin during the second).
Land a Three-Star Punch and win the fight!Just as it sounds, gather three stars and unleash them all at once in a Star Punch! Consult our "Star Opportunities" list above to find out how to get stars.
Find 5 different ways to earn Stars.Check out our "Star Opportunities" list above to learn all 5 ways, and perform each during a single match. You do not have to win.
TKO Disco Kid throwing only 6 punches!
The trick is to use Star Punches to score three consecutive One-Punch-Knockdowns, all within a single round! To perform a One-Punch-Knockdown, simply earn a Star (either by jabbing him during a taunt or countering his moves with proper timing) then unleash it during any of his taunts (the timing is the same as if you were going for a star--that is, when he flashes gold for the first pose, or flashes his grin during the second).
If you're not good at earning Stars by countering his moves, don't sweat it! Disco Kid taunts a lot, giving you plenty of oppurtunities to both earn and use Star Punches during those moments--simply dodge every attack between.