Super Macho Man
- The right-dodge can evade most of Macho Man's attacks, except for the spinning clothesline ones, so make it your go-to evasive move!
- After evading Macho's "Crunch Time" attack, follow-up with six Jabs to earn yourself a star! See our "Star Opportunities" list below for more.
- Macho's triple-spin clothesline attack can be tricky to evade! Wait until he raises his fist (shortly after the glow appears behind him) and quickly dodge three times in a row, one right after another, to dodge his three attacks!
Super Macho Man starts off relatively simple, but introduces a couple of tricky moves after the first KO that require good timing to evade. At any rate, Super Macho Man only has two moves to start with: An Uppercut from the right, and another from the left. The one from the right is a bit slower, allowing more time to react: Dodge either left or right the moment he flashes red, then follow-up with a series of punches (use alternating jabs, and wait a brief moment after the fourth his to get in two more). Now his uppercut from the left (also known as "crunch time") is a bit quicker, so dodge either left or right the moment you see him preparing the attack, then follow-up with a series of jabs (and not hooks, as it's possible to get more jabs in)--time it right, and you'll earn a Star on the sixth jab! To do so, unleash the first four punches quickly, then wait a brief moment and follow-up with two more jabs (with the first closest in the direction he's flailing).
Now Super Macho Man has a huge ego, and will occasionally strike a "photo op" pose--jab him when he flashes gold for a Star (if you're quick, you can get in a second jab while he's reeling in pain)! Speaking of stars, it's pretty easy to rack up three if you're good at following up his Crunch Time attack with six jabs. Once you've stocked three stars, it's best to unleash a Star Punch while he's stunned.
After the first KO, Macho Man will introduce a couple of new clothesline attacks. The first is a spinning clothesline attack--you can tell he's about to unleash it when he backs away and makes a "leather" type sound--duck just after you hear that sound, then follow-up with some punches! His second move has him taking a step back to the left and exclaiming "pump it"--immediately either duck or right-dodge as soon as you spot the attack, and follow-up with some counter-attacks.
After the second KO, Macho Man will unleash his most devastating attack: a triple-hit clothesline. In order to dodge this, you'll have to duck three times with good timing. When you see him put on his sun glasses and start posing (while saying his own name)--get ready. Wait until he raises his fist (shortly after the glow appears behind him) and quickly dodge three times in a row, one right after another, to dodge his three attacks!
- Health Boost!After knocking an opponent down, shake the Wiimote and Nunchuck or hammer on the 1+2 buttons simultaneously (depends on control scheme) as fast as you can to slowly regain energy before they get back up!
- Recover Health Before Rounds 2 or 3:Between rounds, when Doc gives you advice, press the - (minus) button to have Doc eat a candy bar, which will refill most of your life before the next round. You can only do this once per match, so save it for when you're low on energy.
- Extra Life! If you're in the process of being TKO'd (the animation just before Little Mac falls to the ground), immediately shake the Wiimote and Nunchuck or hammer on the 1+2 buttons (depending on control scheme) to have a chance at coming back one last time with a slight bit of health.
- Jab Macho Man when he flashes gold during his "Photo Op" taunt.
- After evading his "Crunch Time" uppercut attack (the one from the left), follow-up with a series of jabs--time it correctly, and the sixth one will net you a Star. To do so, unleash the first four punches quickly, then wait a brief moment and follow-up with two more jabs (using the fist closest to the direction he's flailing).
Win the fight and evade EVERY Clothesline attack!
The key is to duck at the right time. Check our walkthrough above for tips on when to duck.
Find 3 different ways to earn Stars
Consult our "Star Opportunities" and perform each one during a match--you do not have to win.
Defeat Super Macho Man in Round 1!
Easier than it sounds. Just grab three Stars by following up his "Crunch Time" attack with six stars and by jabbing him during his taunt, then unleashing Star Punches as soon as you can.