Metroid Prime, from Retro Studios and Nintendo, lets you take the role of heroine Samus Aran as she investigates space pirate activity on a mysterious planet. The game is the first in the celebrated Metroid series to be played in full 3D, offering you more freedom of movement and tactical use of weaponry and special equipment. You'll fight dozens of enemies and explore a variety of locales ranging from scorching hot lava mines, to archaeological ruins, to icy caves. This GameSpot Game Guide to Metroid Prime provides everything you need to help Samus Aran uncover the mystery behind the space pirates and their work with a powerful mutagen called phazon.
The GameSpot Game Guide to Metroid Prime includes:
- Full Walk-Through: The walk-through gives you step-by-step detail on how to progress through the game, strategies for beating the bosses, and notes down all the items and creatures you need to scan in order to achieve 100% completion. It also reveals the locations of every missile, energy tank, and power bomb expansion in the game.
- Energy Tank Locations: Need a little extra health to get past a nasty boss? We've got a full list of locations for all the energy tank expansions in the game. If you've missed one, check here.
- Missile Expansion Locations: Looking for extra firepower? You probably missed out on some missile expansions. Check over the list and see which ones you passed over.
- Power Bomb Expansion Locations: Certain areas can only be opened with a power bomb, but they're in very short supply. Check the list and see if you've missed any expansion opportunities.
- Game Bonuses: What do you get for scanning 100% of the items in the game? Is the original NES Metroid really hidden inside Metroid Prime? Read this section to find out how to unlock all the extras.