Design: Randall Montanari
Last year’s Madden focused on innovation in the passing game; this year it’s all about the running backs. Record-breaking running back Shaun Alexander leads the charge as the NFL superstar on this season’s cover. Madden 07 enhances the running game with the new lead blocking mode. Instead of controlling just the running back, now you can open holes and pancake defenders with an offensive lineman, fullback, or tight end.
This Gamespot game guide for Madden 07 compiles team and player stats, features profiles of all 32 NFL teams, and reveals offensive and defensive strategies, online tips, and the complete list of Xbox 360 achievements. Note that this guide was written based on the Xbox 360 version of the game. Some details may change based on the console that you're playing on.
- Team Stats: Check here for Madden 07 team statistics broken down by offense, defense, and overall rating.
- Team Profiles: We profile all 32 NFL teams, highlight key players, and provide some tips on getting the most out of the team’s superstars.
- Offense: This section reveals team offensive playbooks, provides tips on formations, strategies for passing and running (including the new lead blocker mode) and profiles some of the best offensive players in the game.
- Defense: Look here for defensive playbooks, strategies for all formations, and profiles of the best defenders in Madden 07.
- Online Strategies: Tips for battling opponents on the online gridiron.
- Achievements: Complete list of Xbox 360 achievements and some tips for elevating your gamerscore.