You'll begin your life in Vice City with the noninteractive scene "An Old Friend" when you reach your hotel. You'll then meet with the lawyer Ken Rosenberg, who will provide you with your first few missions. From here the missions needed to complete the story portion of the game are listed in the order in which they occur.
These walk-throughs should aid you in completing every mission in the game. Some offer the quickest and simplest solution, while others have alternate strategies. Remember that there's always room for experimentation. Spoilers have been minimized for your protection. Good luck.
An edgy lawyer who's hopelessly addicted to alcohol and cocaine, Ken will provide you with the initial stepping stones you'll need to move up in the city.
- A large L will be visible on your miniradar in the bottom-left corner of your screen. This represents your lawyer, Ken Rosenberg. Visit him to start your first mission.
- You're going to a party. The first thing you need to do is get a change of clothes. Simply drive south to the shirt icon on your map and step on the marker to get suited up.
- Now drive to Col. Cortez's boat and get to know the powerful players in the city. The Colonel will ask you for a personal favor; take his daughter to the Pole Position club. It's marked on your radar, so simply escort her to the location safely. You shouldn't run into any trouble unless you go out of your way to make some.
- Search the alleys behind your hotel for a baseball bat or brass knuckles if you like. Head to the Malibu club to talk to Kent Paul. Have a brief chat with him to pick up your next objective.
- Targets are always indicated by yellow markers. Find yours and beat him to a bloody pulp. Welcome to the bleeding edge of 1980s technology. You've acquired a cell phone.
- You'll now meet Lance, who will lend you a gun. The chef you've murdered has angry friends with sharp cleavers. You can kill them or run from them, but you'll need to make it to Lance's car.
- Drive the slick vehicle to the Ammu-Nation on your radar. You can go in and browse if you like. Drive back to the hotel to complete the mission.
Special Notes: Following this mission you'll receive your first assassination mission. You should head to the pay phone when you want to accept the mission.
- You need to change a jury's mind by causing some vehicle damage. A hammer will become available as you walk outside. Press L1 to pick it up if you're already carrying a melee weapon.
- Head to one of the yellow dots and get ready to go to work. Make sure the cops aren't around when you're doing your smashing, or you could have trouble. Once you've done both cars, you're up several hundred dollars.
Special Note: You can now take jobs from Avery Carrington. Cortez will also contact you. You can take missions from him by heading to the C on your map by the marina. You'll also be able to pick up the coverall outfit from the tool shop in North Point Mall.
- Time to incite your first riot. Head to Rafael's for a change of clothing before heading to the pink dot on your radar.
- Run through the crowd punching and kicking wildly to stir up trouble. Once you've maimed/killed four different people, the riot will begin. Use the opportunity to destroy the three vans in the lot.
- You can destroy the vans any way you choose, but the simplest way is to bring the van on the left right next to the ones on the right before taking out the explosive red barrel. The chain reaction should engulf all three vans.
Juan Garcia Cortez is a well-spoken man with a good, but questionable, reputation. He charges you with watching over his daughter Mercedes and provides you with several lucrative job opportunities.
- A chainsaw execution for a certain snitch is in order. Head to the target's condo and enter the pink marker. Chase him down and cut him up. If he escapes outside, you can simply run him down in a vehicle if you like.
- You'll have a two-star wanted level after you kill Gonzalez. You can opt to go to the Pay 'n' Spray marked on your radar or take the police bribe to the right of the condo and drive off the other star. Either way you'll complete the mission.
- You may want to pick up a submachine gun or other weapon for use in this mission. You're headed to the Washington Mall to meet a French agent. You'll need to take the escalator to meet him on the second floor.
- After you make contact, you'll be ambushed, and the courier will flee. Chase him, kill him, and grab the guidance chip. It's possible to block an entrance to the mall to prevent his escape, but it's also fairly easy to chase his scooter down and run him over. However you eliminate him, realize that you'll earn a wanted level of two stars for doing so. Hurry back to Cortez to complete the mission.