Design: Randall Montanari
It’s an easy position to argue that Sid Meier’s Civilization is one of the greatest games of all time and certainly one of the most influential. Sid Meier’s latest classic Civilization IV retains the addictive gameplay of its predecessors and adds new features like religions, great people, and combat promotions.
Civilization IV is a complex experience; countless strategies can lead to a successful conclusion. This game guide will help focus your strategies by providing tips on important facets of the game and offering specific combinations of leaders, civics, technologies, and wonders to create powerful cities.
This Gamespot Civilization IV game guide features:
- Leaders: This section provides tips on using leader traits and their bonuses to your advantage as well as pleasing (or angering) your neighbor with diplomacy dos and don’ts.
- City Management: Managing your cities is the foundation of Civilization. Look here for tips on optimizing growth, worker improvements, balancing health and happiness, and spawning Great People.
- Civics: Get the most out of your government with these civic tips!
- Religion: One of the most exciting new features in Civilization IV is the addition of religion. Learn why you gotta have faith with these religion strategies.
- Military: If conquering your enemies is more your style, check this section for tips on improving your military might.
- Technology and Wonders: Gain an edge on your rivals through technology and wonders. This section compiles all techs and wonders and reveals their benefits.
- Cheats: Edit a configuration file to activate Civilization IV cheat codes.