Best FPS to date.

User Rating: 9 | Far Cry 3 PS3
After the release of Black Ops 2 and the quick let down it was, I didn't think I would ever be able to find another FPS worth my time, not saying CoD was worth it but it filled in my desire to kill people over multiplayer.

Then Far Cry 3 was released and I must say, it is the best FPS I've played in a while if not game in general. I've been immersed in this action/stealth style game for hours since it's release.

Graphics: 9.0

Graphics are amazing for the PS3 minus the blurry effect it can produce while loading areas on the fly. The graphics can cause lag due to the massive world but it's manageable due to the fact it only takes a couple seconds to load afterwards. It could be due to the fact I have the perk that makes your running speed, twice as fast. I did find myself having to crank up the gamma to be able to see, otherwise it's amazing. Nothing to withholding,

Sound: 10,0

The sound in this game is amazing, the voice acting is superb. When people are drunk you can hear it in their voices friend and foe alike. My favorite part are the animal sounds, I tend to find myself running for an outpost to conduct surveillance only to find myself posted up behind a tree with a tiger on the other side and in a frantic decision either to alert guards with gunfire to kill the beast or be chased by the furious animal. Gunfire and explosions make my headset tremble with awesomeness.

Controls: 10.0

The controls don't feel clunky at all. The layout is perfect for my play style of stealth. Nothing more to say honestly, they fit me pretty well.

Multiplayer: 7.0

This game definitely isn't known for it's multiplayer and it shows. It's not one that will keep you playing for hours but it has it's moments, especially in CO-OP mode. It's a bit sluggish and not very rewarding. Doesn't contain experienced FPSer's to strike your challenging side but it'll keep you occupied for an hour or two,

Gameplay 10.0

As I said before, this is definitely one of the best games I've played to date. It has sucked me in right after I gained complete control after the beginning of the storyline. I find myself running through caves for relics and treasure chests. The stealth portion of this game is amazing, I love the fact after a couple perks from the spider tree, I can stab an enemy in the back and drag his body before other guards can see myself or the dead body and proceed by taking an enemy out one by one, My favorite part of the game is the chain takedowns, I love stabbing one guy in the back and grabbing his knife to throw at the guy walking away from his friend for a double kill. Skinning and creating new lootsacks and ammo pouches is definitely kept me going for the beginning of the game.

In retrospect, this is the best game of 2012 in my opinion. It feeds my desires for a RPG-ish like game with stealth being used throughout most of your exploration and gaining of outposts. I have been playing for more than 40+ hours due to the wide variety of things to do in this game and I haven't even made it to the second island yet. So word of advice, if you haven't bought this game or are standstill to buy this game or not, buy it. It's well worth the money and it's definitely a change of pace from overrated Call of Duty series.