Worth getting?!

#1 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

I have been on the fence with this but it's got great reviews. 

#2 Posted by maxint33 (2 posts) -
In my opinion, its absolutely amazing. I can't speak for everyone but this is one of the best games I've played. Its thrilling, full of action, and has a great storyline. My two favorite things about it would be the villain, Vaas, and the vehicles you can use to drive around the island. Buy it, dont hesitate, you won't regret it!
#3 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

Thanks for the input man. I'll definitely check it out. 

#5 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
It sure is one of the best games of the year....I have have loved every min of the game...I would get it if I was you.
#6 Posted by halokillerz (3406 posts) -

Personally it got a little boring to me. It felt like I was just mostly driving around to a place, clear it out, repeat. The action cutscenes are just getting played out to me and stealth combat too easy. No doubt I'm in the minority. I'm going to try raising the difficulty

#7 Posted by firedemon1 (173 posts) -

This game is for sure worth getting

#8 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

Ended up getting it. Amazing! I put it on normal which is just challenging enough to enjoy it. Love the weapons and the combat takedowns. Badass game!

#9 Posted by wiouds (5262 posts) -

It is a good sandbox but has poor shootouts.

#10 Posted by Bob1249 (3 posts) -

Do not trust Ubisoft. For thirteen months I had Far Cry 3 on pre-order. Ehen the game failed to arrive on release day I asked why. 48 hours later they responed by canceling my order, therby making impossible to pre-order from a more reputable business. Do not use the Ubisoft store. I am posting this on every forum I can find to expose their vile business practice.

#11 Posted by JDFS (632 posts) -

It's an amazing game but since it's made by Ubisoft... I downloaded it, why? they stole my money over AC3 which I bought with my well-earned money and I never got to play with it (downloaded crack to play with it for fak sake) because of their so "good" anti-piracy system called UPlay, which is the worst crap ever.

But yeah it's worth getting it...

#12 Posted by ronaldmcreagan (244 posts) -

It is the best game i've played in years, if not ever. And i'm very picky when it comes to games.

#13 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

It's an amazing game but since it's made by Ubisoft... I downloaded it, why? they stole my money over AC3 which I bought with my well-earned money and I never got to play with it (downloaded crack to play with it for fak sake) because of their so "good" anti-piracy system called UPlay, which is the worst crap ever.

JDFS
If you hate Ubisoft at least man up and don't use their products at all. Now you're just using it as a self righteous justification for piracy. Game not working for you? Let them know and get a refund. I never had a problem with any DRM or Uplay and I own about 300 legit pc games. What you're doing now is like eating chicken but hating the butcher for killing them. Nonsensical.
#14 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
The game is awesome, everyone should try it.
#15 Posted by JDFS (632 posts) -

[QUOTE="JDFS"]

PetJel

If you hate Ubisoft at least man up and don't use their products at all. Now you're just using it as a self righteous justification for piracy. Game not working for you? Let them know and get a refund. I never had a problem with any DRM or Uplay and I own about 300 legit pc games. What you're doing now is like eating chicken but hating the butcher for killing them. Nonsensical.

I'm not as stupid as you are, and I'm not a sheep like you, they will keep doing what they're doing because of people like you, you're weak. Far Cry 1 was made by Crytek NOT Ubisoft, I'm not the one who should not buy it, they're the ones who should not screw it up.

Of course I let them know about AC3, I even sent an email to their "technical support team" and they replied I had to change my ports and proxy settings (which is not supposed to) but I tried anyway, and it didn't work, after I replied they ignored me, my brother, 3 friends of mine AND about 50 000 people that bought this game, except you of course...