Who else lost interest when the second half of the game started? *SPOILERS*

#1 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

I hated Jason Brody so much by start of the second half of the game, I couldnt bring myself to play it. It's too bad really because I enjoyed the first half a lot. Anyone else feel this way? Obviously the lack of Vaas contributed to my lack of interest as well. I don't think I have ever hated a videogame protagonist as much as Jason Brody.

#2 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

The second half definitely isn't up to snuff with the first. What made it that way for me is a combination of the very weak, frequently nonsense main story, and the lock step plot progression.

Some of the story elements are just laughable, and in the end really take away from game immersion and bring on a bad case of the game ho hums for me.

We can buy all those guns, a WHOLE bunch of accessories to go with them, and ammo up the ying yang................."but" we have to kill and skin animals to acquire load bearing equipment (LBE). What???? There's some kind of nylon embargo the Rakyat store owners are subject to? **** off the UN did they? LOL!

Then there's the spy dude telling us he "had" an asset in place on S island, but hasn't had any contact with him in a long time. So we go to the S island, meet up with the asset, who admits he hasn't had contact with his handler in ages, no support from the agency, and presumably isn't getting paid for what? Weeks, months, longer? And he's still hanging out with the mercs, raping, looting, and pillaging under cover for all that time? Really??? Oh yea......................and we have to B & E a merc training facility, sneak by a whole truck load of mercs, to kill a n00b and steal his clothing so we can blend in with the mercs. LOL! Didn't we just spend the first half of the game NOT being dressed the same as the pirates, all of whom, shot at us on sight? Why do I have to blend in for the second half of the game??? While I'm on the topic..........................the whole point of Jason going to the S island is to whack the big guy. Who in their right mind wouldn't have smoked the guy at the first meeting, instead of blah, blah, blahing through that. Oops! There's that linear, scripted corridor **** again. And if you don't jump through that set of hoops (like all the previous main misson hoops) there goes any further game advancement. Open world? Not exactly.

#3 Posted by matconnor (1440 posts) -

What's killed this game for me is the constant cutscene stuff where you are forced into participating in very linear and scripted scenarios. It's especially scripted in the section I'm playing now: rescue the kidnapped Raykat warriors. Vass keeps popping up like a zit on a 15-yr-old's face. I finally get toward the end of all these inter-locking forced missions, and now I'm confronted by something that looks like it came straight outta Doom 3. WTH? I thought this was Far Cry, not some Doom/Painkiller mishmash.

I really enjoyed the early parts of FC3, but now I'm losing interest in it, fast.

#4 Posted by Versitalius (5 posts) -
I haven't even finished the first island yet and I'm starting to have to 'force' myself to do the main quest. Of course I did everything else on it that I could... so now I have to if I want to explore more of this 'open world' or else be subject to another 'Out of bounds!' message and get teleported again. But really I just want to unlock more skills I guess, though I won't have much need for them now. As for Jason... something about the way he talks just kills every conversation for me. I don't even like looking at his picture. Kind of a shame too cause this game could have been so much more.
#6 Posted by a_of (43 posts) -

I finally get toward the end of all these inter-locking forced missions, and now I'm confronted by something that looks like it came straight outta Doom 3. WTH? I thought this was Far Cry, not some Doom/Painkiller mishmash.

matconnor

LOL