the most boring game of all time?

#1 Posted by hireath (261 posts) -

seriously, how is this a 'video game' ?  as far as i can tell you just run/drive around pressing E on plants, pressing E on animals and pressing F on enemies.  i downloaded from the ubi store and i think they accidentally forgot to include the 'game' part. 

i enjoyed dead island a lot, but far cry 3 thus far (played about 5 hours) is like a blatant rip off minus ALL of the tension, horror and zombies.  i.e.  minus the excitment.

1.  the graphics look identical to dead island (im playing max everything with AA off @ 1920x1080 and very smooth fps), actually i think the graphics are worse in FC3 because of the OTT motion blur.

2.  the interface, xp/quest and skill tree systems are identical to dead island

3.  open world

this is the only reason i will continue playing... because dead island was so good that any game which imitates every aspect will surely have at least some fun parts.  maybe if i keep playing i will find it.

if anyone gave far cry 3 a higher score than dead island - they are hypocrites to the core.

#2 Posted by commander1122 (1154 posts) -

1 word...uninstall it and continue dead island end of story

#3 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
If this is identical to Dead Island,how come your are trolling and hating on this game.I find this game to be great fun on single player.Its an open world, survival game.If you don't like it, don't play it.If you don't like this game then that means you don't like Dead Island because your saying its the same thing.
#4 Posted by billlabowski (479 posts) -

One of the worst troll attempts I've read by far. As said above, don't like it? Uninstall it and play Dead Island.

#5 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

commander1122

What he said. :lol:

#6 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

seriously, how is this a 'video game' ?  as far as i can tell you just run/drive around pressing E on plants, pressing E on animals and pressing F on enemies.  i downloaded from the ubi store and i think they accidentally forgot to include the 'game' part. 

i enjoyed dead island a lot, but far cry 3 thus far (played about 5 hours) is like a blatant rip off minus ALL of the tension, horror and zombies.  i.e.  minus the excitment.

1.  the graphics look identical to dead island (im playing max everything with AA off @ 1920x1080 and very smooth fps), actually i think the graphics are worse in FC3 because of the OTT motion blur.

2.  the interface, xp/quest and skill tree systems are identical to dead island

3.  open world

this is the only reason i will continue playing... because dead island was so good that any game which imitates every aspect will surely have at least some fun parts.  maybe if i keep playing i will find it.

if anyone gave far cry 3 a higher score than dead island - they are hypocrites to the core.

hireath

I think this is the most boring post ever.

#7 Posted by emilio721 (7 posts) -

yes, thats how i felt, BOOOORING

#8 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
lol
#9 Posted by usule (1699 posts) -

It's a great game, your lost. 

#10 Posted by HouseMuzik4Life (134 posts) -
This is why I hate kids
#11 Posted by xXSMGXx (55 posts) -

If find this game boring on a monitor only. As soon as i play it on my 60" Led Tv with a wireless xbox controller, it's a totally different experience.

To other troll: if someone doesn't like the game its OKAY go cry about it.

#12 Posted by xuchilbara23 (3 posts) -
Dead Island is a lame Left 4 Dead rip off with a Far Cry 1 style. You fail at many levels, kid
#14 Posted by deohgee (78 posts) -

Left for dead sucks big time.

Try Dishonored...great game

#15 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

This thread is wrong. Been playing for a few hours and this game is brilliant. Whoever is saying otherwise hasn't played this yet And is just trolling. I think Ubisoft really built off the strengths of Far Cry 2 and left out the weaknesses. Great story so far!

i recommend this game to anyone!

#16 Posted by SHARKMEAT (5 posts) -

I will just say I can't beleave FC3 is not that much better than Far Cry original. I played it abit and fell back in ln love with the game, forgot about the Shark in the first part of the game ........CHEERS

#17 Posted by KyleGates (2958 posts) -

commander1122
I just HAVE to ask...on what planet is that 1 word? Looks like 9 to me. A 1 word answer might be something like- Troll. Or- Quit Or- Okay
#18 Posted by gamespot4life (1223 posts) -

TC your either blind of a liar...... or have a crappy computer

#19 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -

I will just say I can't beleave FC3 is not that much better than Far Cry original. I played it abit and fell back in ln love with the game, forgot about the Shark in the first part of the game ........CHEERS

SHARKMEAT
i agree, they changed what I hated about FC1 for the most part and the new stuff they added is fairly simple things that all work well together.
#20 Posted by hvypetals (412 posts) -

Im with you OP. this game is ...JUST ANOTHER vanilla shooter.

and a complete rip off of assasins creed and dead island. the guns are just as wesk as they were in fc2 - who did they make this game for? poochie the dog from the simpsons?? rock on dude get another EXTREME tattoo you get POWUHZ MAHN

i have to blame myself for believing the hype and not waiting for the user reviews. not the guerilla marketing reviews

What a waste i wish you could return games electronically after a grace period.

#21 Posted by ThanxAlotOcelot (39 posts) -

i have to blame myself for believing the hype and not waiting for the user reviews

User reviews are positive, actually more than positive, Review of Troll user, meaning you, negative, very negative. Pizz off troll!

#22 Posted by KokutenNagaki (853 posts) -

and a complete rip off of assasins creed and dead island. the guns are just as wesk as they were in fc2 - who did they make this game for? poochie the dog from the simpsons?? rock on dude get another EXTREME tattoo you get POWUHZ MAHN

i have to blame myself for believing the hype and not waiting for the user reviews. not the guerilla marketing reviews

hvypetals

You are so obviously the OP creating a second account just to have someone agree with him. God you're pathetic.

#23 Posted by MirkoS77 (7622 posts) -

This is more than likely a troll topic, but I'll bite....

This game is the farthest from boring I can think of.  Hell, the dynamic world alone keeps this game from even coming close to the realm of boredom.  I've had so many different encounters stemming from the ecology of the island and different factions fighting each other it's incredible.  This game defines to me what emergent gameplay is.  There always seems to be somewhere new to go or see, and it's NEVER predictable what's going to happen when (if) I get there.

There's a large variety of side missions and activities, different weapons with upgrades.  The vehicles are a blast to play with.  The gunplay is excellent, A.I. more than competent (though not perfect, but for an open world very, very well done) and it's all wrapped up in a good story with memorable fleshed out characters.

I'm sorry, I can't take anyone's opinion seriously who even begins to consider this game boring.

#24 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
i think they're both just kidding. i'm going to assume they are. my faith in humanity relies on that.
#25 Posted by allboutkiln (508 posts) -

Seriously, NO! I love both Dead Island and FarCry3, different gameplay. I think Techland did a better job with their jungle settings ( graphics ) though.

#26 Posted by Raphy_Turtle (94 posts) -
As a new rule, Trolls should be fed to Sharks and/or Crocodiles.
#27 Posted by kunal1092000 (920 posts) -

hvypetals

I wished they didnt have to include the cheesy radio towers. What a rip off... Glad there is only 18 of them though.

#28 Posted by Ohaidere (3162 posts) -

Left for dead sucks big time.

Try Dishonored...great game

deohgee

Because they are in any way, shape or form the same type of game... right?

#29 Posted by MrBunson (37 posts) -

This game is the farthest from boring I can think of.  Hell, the dynamic world alone keeps this game from even coming close to the realm of boredom.  I've had so many different encounters stemming from the ecology of the island and different factions fighting each other it's incredible.  This game defines to me what emergent gameplay is.  There always seems to be somewhere new to go or see, and it's NEVER predictable what's going to happen when (if) I get there.

There's a large variety of side missions and activities, different weapons with upgrades.  The vehicles are a blast to play with.  The gunplay is excellent, A.I. more than competent (though not perfect, but for an open world very, very well done) and it's all wrapped up in a good story with memorable fleshed out characters.

I'm sorry, I can't take anyone's opinion seriously who even begins to consider this game boring.

MirkoS77
I completely agree with all of this. The best part about this game is just walking around and having random encounters with the environment/wildlife/people.
#30 Posted by Fastskiguy (16 posts) -

MirkoS77
Tell you what, I agree 100% and....well the voice acting for Vaas is pretty much fantastic.
#31 Posted by infra500 (21 posts) -

Boooooooring ....