Should I get this or Assassin's Creed 3?

#1 Posted by VoidBeyond2 (3 posts) -
Which is longer, which has more replay value, which is harder, which has the most to explore? Also posted on the Xbox general forum and the AC3 forum.
#2 Posted by LLYNCES (381 posts) -

Far cry 3 is longer, harder and bigger all around. That being said, both are good games.

#3 Posted by ABakedAlien (307 posts) -

I won't tell you what to get. But I will say if you do make the poor choice of getting AC 3 over this game you will be incredibly dissapointed. Not only was AC 3 very disapointing but far cry 3 is an amazing game that is like no other. AC 3 for me 7/10 (although thats a tad generious), Far cry 3 9/10. My opinion. For any AC fans that come into this article I don't care if you don't agree with me so don't waste your time writing a paragraph to prove me wrong. I will just laugh at your pathetic attempt to defend a video game that someone else doesn't like and move on. But yea....get far cry 3 brotha

#4 Posted by BAND1Tevolved13 (309 posts) -

I had to make this same choice, and I chose FC3. Since I havent played AC3 yet I cant speak on it. I can tell you this game is awesome in every way and worth every penny though. You may not be dissapointed either way, but FC3 won for me and Im glad I chose it.

Best game Ive played all year. Great story and so much to do, I highly doubt youll be dissapointed with this.

#5 Posted by anger021780 (339 posts) -

I have both of the games, and while I do enjoy them both, I must say FC3 is the better choice. Every time I stopped to try a different game I would constantly go back to FC and continue on. "Just 1 more outpost, 1 more radio tower... etc... "

Now that I've finished it Im starting to play AC3. I 'd say I got about 40ish hours into FC when I beat it. There was still side quests i didn't do. Quite a few actually. Don;t know how long AC3 is I havent finished it yet.

Id say get them both, but if you have to make a choice between the 2. FC3 all the way. Best game I've played this year.

#6 Posted by patrick5152003 (1811 posts) -
i have both, i like this better
#7 Posted by ronaldmcreagan (244 posts) -

I only played the first Assassins Creed. One of the most boring games i've ever played. I had to force myself to finish it. Pure torture.

#8 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

Get FC3. 'Nough said.

#9 Posted by stellarshow (27 posts) -

If you like your hand being held, then AC3.  If you like more freedom, FC3. 

#10 Posted by Billy_Chile (30 posts) -

I won't tell you what to get. But I will say if you do make the poor choice of getting AC 3 over this game you will be incredibly dissapointed. Not only was AC 3 very disapointing but far cry 3 is an amazing game that is like no other. AC 3 for me 7/10 (although thats a tad generious), Far cry 3 9/10. My opinion. For any AC fans that come into this article I don't care if you don't agree with me so don't waste your time writing a paragraph to prove me wrong. I will just laugh at your pathetic attempt to defend a video game that someone else doesn't like and move on. But yea....get far cry 3 brotha

ABakedAlien

Agreeeeee completely... I own both of them. Huge AC fan here but AC3 was not what i expected. Not a bad game but i expected a lot more from it (not gonna talk about how glitchy the game is but...). THEN i got FC3 and im liking it way better. 9/10 as well... Just check out the player reviews for both games here and u'll see what im talking about. 

Hope it helps and enjoy FC3 **wink wink** lol

#11 Posted by AMCope (49 posts) -

Which is longer, which has more replay value, which is harder, which has the most to explore? Also posted on the Xbox general forum and the AC3 forum.VoidBeyond2

I had to do the same thing today. I really love the AC series, didn't play AC Revelations but I still enjoyed AC1-ACBrohood. I chose to pick up Farcry 3 today instead and I'm pleasantly surprised.