Playing PC version with gamepad

#1 Posted by xenophone (251 posts) -

I want to get this game for PC so I can take advantage of the better graphics options, but I'm going to use my tv as a monitor so I can sit on the couch, and use a game pad. Does anyone know if autoaim or snap are enabled if you play with a gamepad?

#2 Posted by VeNoMnEs5_777 (5 posts) -

Yes, the option will become available when you connect a gamepad to your PC. :)

#3 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

Regrettably, the PC Police Squad will be by later though to kick your ***; for engaging in lame console like gaming behavior.

#4 Posted by judge__judy (2125 posts) -
I play with a controller too. Like most multiplats these days the controls are the same as the xbox version without any configuring. I would also have to say the PC Police Squad sound like total dicks
#5 Posted by Gankstar_VX84 (48 posts) -

this game is terrible on pc, after playing for like 5 minutes, I'm bored, dissapointed, and well actually no not dissapointed, cuz I kinda expected this game to be as **** as it is.

it runs like **** on my rig which should annihilate it, and it has that console, pivot outwards from the inside type aiming, it feels like it should be played with a controller more then a mouse. it's awful and i am regretting wasting the cd key, cuz I won't play it again.

#6 Posted by Ryu667 (283 posts) -

You can adjust the Field of View in the options. That should make it look less console like. And second, your rig should indeed max this game. Something is wrong. Check your video drivers, maybe its a bug and you need towait until it gets patched.

#7 Posted by sirk1264 (5627 posts) -

this game is terrible on pc, after playing for like 5 minutes, I'm bored, dissapointed, and well actually no not dissapointed, cuz I kinda expected this game to be as **** as it is.

it runs like **** on my rig which should annihilate it, and it has that console, pivot outwards from the inside type aiming, it feels like it should be played with a controller more then a mouse. it's awful and i am regretting wasting the cd key, cuz I won't play it again.

Gankstar_VX84
Update your drivers. I have the latest for my HD 5870 and it runs fine on high settings for me. You have a better video card so you should run this better than I.
#8 Posted by Ernesto_basic (2123 posts) -

I play this one on my ASUS GS75 with a wireless Xbox controller and it's no different than playing on my 360. I'm glad that devs are adding aim-assist for gamepads, since a lot of us have become accustomed to using them over the years. I'm 31, so I've been around the block with both PC and console gaming, but over the last 5 years or so, I've become more of a gamepad user than a keyboard/mouse user due to the consolization of pretty much every game these days.

#9 Posted by xan114 (114 posts) -
that makes me very sad that you're giving in to this 'consolization'. gaming on PC especially for FPS games is 100x better with M&KB than controller. aiming is so much easier and more precise when you are accustomed to it