No voice acting in Far Cry 3

#1 Posted by biezt14 (3 posts) -
I have Far Cry 3 for PC and just started playing it today. I have only started the first level, but the characters have no voices during conversation. As I walk around I can hear voices and sounds, but during conversations with the characters I can only hear the music and see their lips moving. I purchased this off of steam and updated it right after launch. Any help would be appreciated as I am having no fun trying to play the game like this.
#2 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
Must be a problem on your end because I am getting sound when they talk
#3 Posted by biezt14 (3 posts) -
I tried to re-install the game but there is still no sound
#4 Posted by biezt14 (3 posts) -
I don't know what happened but I started a new save and it decided to work this time.
#5 Posted by rethozion (1 posts) -
I have exact problem, any fixes for that? please help. I want to start doing let's plays already
#6 Posted by mufaa (957 posts) -

It looks like a sound card issue. This happens when you have Windows setup your sound as 5.1 when you only have 2.1 speaker system. Look into that!

#7 Posted by kuasha786 (285 posts) -

With respect to everyone I simply wanna say that, this is not a problem related to sound card or any hardware devices. I faced the same problem. I installed the game in my PC where Windows 8 Pro 64 Has been installed and did not get any sound once the cut scene of the opening ends. From there no sound at all I found. I probably did everything what every other websites and individuals suggested but not a single one worked. So to solve the sound issue the only thing that you have to do to replace the game with a new one. Another probable solution is to install the suitable directX for Far Cry 3 and many of my friends said it worked for them. Also the save game option will solve upon replacing the DVD. Do not forget to install other opponents/resources (Dot Net Framework, VcRedist, Ubisoft Launcher and so on) came with the DVD. So thanks everyone.

With Best regards,

Antar

#8 Posted by hektik123 (2 posts) -
Hello I had the same problem I checked my sound options in windows and they were all ok so I tried this http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35 I installed this and everything was fine after
#9 Posted by hektik123 (2 posts) -
Hello I had the same problem I checked my sound options in windows and they were all ok so I tried this http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35 I installed this and everything was fine after