Is this a stealth game?

#1 Posted by glitch2424 (897 posts) -

Hi, I was wondering if this game has stealth mechanics, and if most of the game can be stealthed? I've seen some gameplay vids, and it seems like you can use silencers and sneak behind enemies.

Also, if you can compare it other stealth games (eg, dishonored, deus ex, hitman), who does it compare stealthwise and gamewise?

#2 Posted by billlabowski (479 posts) -

Yes and no. 

Yes as in this has the best first person stealth I've played in a very long time. You essentially crouch inside vegetation or behind a tree and obscure the enemies line of sight. Works really well. Sound suppressed weapons also actually work. To get the extra XP (1500) by liberating checkpoints without being noticed. I go out at night with suppressed weapons and slowly take the pirates out. But at the same time, you can go in guns blazing...or flames blazing because the flamethrower is amazing. So it's either stealth or not, it depends on how you want to play it. I believe this stealth system is more like Dishonored's than DXHR, just as a reference. If you like stealth you'll like the direction they went. Same goes for people who want to destroy everything.

#3 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

I dont know which FPS stealth games you have been playing , I guess certainly nor hitman or AC but the stealth in this game is pretty poor. 

#4 Posted by ABakedAlien (307 posts) -

I dont know which FPS stealth games you have been playing , I guess certainly nor hitman or AC but the stealth in this game is pretty poor. 

alphatango1
Wooooow. I don't know what games you have been playing but hitman and AC are not FPS games.....
#5 Posted by billlabowski (479 posts) -

alphatango1

Then you're doing it incredibly wrong. 

#6 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

Lol, well I suppose not, but near as damn it. In any case both have vastly superior stealth than FC3.

#8 Posted by mufaa (957 posts) -

It's quite like Deus Ex, but in an open-world, sandbox-like setting.

I think the only time you will need stealth is when taking over outposts. What happens is that you have a bunch of enemies around an area. The area will have enough hiding spots for you to snake around. You can either use silencers, or perform takedowns, to kill enemies. Hiding bodies is a skill you must learn. You can also 'mark' enemies using your camera to help you keep track of them. There is a spot-meter that shows up only when an enemy sees you. 

That's about it. It's not true stealth, since there is no option to successfully complete a mission without killing enemies. 

#9 Posted by halokillerz (3406 posts) -

The stealth in the game is way too easy imo. If you want extreme stealth, I would go with hitman. Dishonored is still next on my list to play so I can't really compare to that.

#10 Posted by glitch2424 (897 posts) -

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will go with hitman or dishonored first, and then maybe pick up this game, since this game is not quite "stealth". The game in itself looks fantastic though, going to pick it up in the near future