Is it what it's cracked up to be?

#1 Posted by 1Rob-E (116 posts) -

Hey guys, Is FC3 what it's cracked up to be? I heard its sorta like Dead Island but I thought tht game sucked! :P lol Thanks.

#2 Posted by Ohaidere (3169 posts) -

I felt like a 9/10 was kind of overselling it, but it's still an above average game, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

It's an improved version of FC2, with some weird voodoo stuff thrown in. A solid 8-8.5 imo. Probably my favorite shooter this year.

#3 Posted by MirkoS77 (8585 posts) -

I'd give it a solid 9.  A good effort with room for improvement.

#4 Posted by cdog5386 (226 posts) -

It is pretty damn fun, my friend.  I was hesitant at first, but Far Cry 3 is really enjoyable.  There are a lot of things to do.  And the gunplay is par none; excellent hit detection and feel.  It really is much, much more than an FPS, for those have become incredibly stale (what, with a four-hour single player campaign. Ugh).  There are a lot of weapons and modifications to purchase.  And the hunting is great.

But the skill system could be better.  Some specific talents seem arbitrary or useless.  And the fact that no enemies respawn (in specific locations) after you take out an enemy encampment is actually kind of a bummer.  I would still like to have a reduced, but still-there, enemy presence even after I've decimated the local landlord.  I suppose some of the numerous activities could become redundant to some players, but I am enjoying the assassination missions, the path of the hunt missions, the rakyat challenges, as well as all of the amazing locations.

All in all, it's insanely fun.

#5 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

I agree with Ohaidre................it's about an 8. Basically it takes the best elements of FC and FC2, combines them, and leaves out the worst aspects (Trygens & the infamous respawning checkpoints) of them. Really a fun game. Here comes the "but"..................but, the Devs haven't been able to resist the urge to stick their hand up your *** and use you for a meat puppet at various key points in the game. While 90-95% of the game is sandbox orientated.........there are times when they take control of you away, and have your character do really stupid **** you wouldn't likely do on your own. Even worse...............that usually leads into a lengthy segment of them ceding character control back to you, then taking it back away, then giving it back; through lengthy story advancing segments. Definitely not as free form as say, Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim. Having said that..................I still think it's a solid 8.

Get it, and start creating some mayhem for those pirate scum!! :lol:

#6 Posted by patrick5152003 (1814 posts) -
yes