Big game animals?

#1 Posted by Dr_Schwartz (330 posts) -

couldnt help but notice there was a tiger itching to maul the player in the new trailer.

FC2 was great, but the biggest let down was the lack of ferocious animals trying to kill you. the game took place in Africa for god's sake. Why they didnt have crocs, elephants, hippos, lions, gorillas, or something charging ouf the jungle to trample or eat your ass is beyond me. It would added an interesting element to the game. you fighting at one of the checkpoints and then out of nowhere a tiger jumps out the brush and enters the fray.

Really hoping they implement something like this in FC3. It'll make things interesting

#2 Posted by dakan45 (18724 posts) -
there be around 10 animals in this game.
#3 Posted by davetbeau (515 posts) -
More like 30.
#4 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

Lions and Tigers and Deer oh my

#5 Posted by jackfruitchips (1058 posts) -

They confirmed there are 100 animals in the Welcome to Rooks Island trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHF5UbKETM

#6 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

wow 100 animals that sounds sweet.

#7 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -

I shot a pig and some kind of chicken in it at the eurogamer expo on saturday lol

#8 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Hell yea, this game look too dope. Can't believe it's not gettin more hype.

#9 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

Yea, the lack of any dangerous animals in FC 2 was a big let down for me, and didn't help immersion either. I'm glad to see the Devs listended up, and have put some into this edition of the franchise.

Although....................if I'm not chased in game by a pack of giant carniverous lobsters every once in a while......................I reserve the right to still be disappointed. Roving packs of pit beagles would be cool too.......... no, wait, wait,...................................... heavily armed bands of terrorist cats! :shock:

#10 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -

Been attacked by komodo dragons, wild dogs and a leopard or cheetah so far(cheetah/leopard forced me off a mountain so i couldnt skin it to find out, DOH!) They also have a circle of life thing goin on, as in predators will stalk their natural prey. As soon as they sort the graphics out it will be cool.

#11 Posted by AlucardZ909 (325 posts) -
Got attacked by komodos which was interesting but tigers are the best, especially if you lead them to some enemies and get yourself onto a roof. Tigers are deadly in this game.
#12 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -

Yeah they are! They can take a lot of bullets!! Dont respond well to fire tho ;) Buffalos are a major weapon if you start a fire behind em and make them stampede towards an enemy.

#14 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -
Dangerous animals? There are leopards, tigers, bears, sharks, komodo's, wild dogs, and that's just from the first few hours into the game, I havn't explored even a third of the map yet.