Anyone else have a problem with setting fires? (Console versions)

#1 Posted by ABakedAlien (307 posts) -

If I remember correctly in Far Cry 2 you could basically always start a huge ass fire almost every time something lit it on fire. In far cry 3 I swear sometimes the fire doesn't spread, even on foliage. My guess is either the game is coded to try and save memory in high activity situations on  the outdated consoles, or its a glitch and shouldn't be happening. Sometimes it does work correctly though and its awesome when it works. However due to it being inconsistent this renders the flamethrower pretty obsolete compared to the other weapons. I was wondering if anyone else seems to find the fire inconsistent with molotives and such? And for you PC users if this is a problem aswell.

#2 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -

I've only seen fire once so far, when an enemy through something at me, it exploded and next thing I know fire. It didn't spread too much but that could have been due to the rain pouring from the sky which seemed to put it out pretty fast.

#3 Posted by VeNoMnEs5_777 (8 posts) -

Yes, it seems for some reason fire just wont spread at certain times(Especially when there is a whole lot going on at once, like when your surrounded by more than just a few enemies). I also play on console(PS3) and found this to be a real drag sometimes when all I want to do is go pyro on the open world, Haha... 

#4 Posted by fp4440 (53 posts) -
i dont think there is nothing to with the memory , i know one thing : the fire arrows are broken , so if you try to start a big ass fire , theres your problem
#5 Posted by MirkoS77 (7579 posts) -

Playing on the PC and have never had trouble with fire spreading.  In fact, it almost spreads too much too fast.

#6 Posted by bigmilkman (32 posts) -

I had the same problem 2nd time playing. The first time the fire spread thru the pot fields really easy with the flamethrower and even moltovs. This time I set 3 fields on fire easy enough but I can't get the last 2 fields to burn no matter what, after trying for 15 min. it started to rain so I packed it in and I'll try again later. Its probably a little glitch that happens on and off.

Playing on ps3 btw.

#7 Posted by bigmilkman (32 posts) -

I had the same problem 2nd time playing. The first time the fire spread thru the pot fields really easy with the flamethrower and even moltovs. This time I set 3 fields on fire easy enough but I can't get the last 2 fields to burn no matter what, after trying for 15 min. it started to rain so I packed it in and I'll try again later. Its probably a little glitch that happens on and off.

Playing on ps3 btw.

bigmilkman

So I continue playing the next day and having the same problem as before for about an hour, dying, restarting etc. All the time giving me credit for 3 or 4 fields burnt. So I restart the game again and whadyya know All of sudden it says I completed the mission. 5 fields burnt. go figure!

#8 Posted by stokedonit (10 posts) -
I seem to have the opposite problem. Every time those bastards with the molotovs start hurling them at me, half the damn island goes up and the pirates usually end up burning to death.