After beating the story, what else can you do? I have An idea

#1 Posted by VaasBrody (3 posts) -
I beat the game Today after a week so far i thought it was too short. The time it takes to complete only the story missins on the entire game was the entire time i spent in far cry 2 in just the first part of the world. I thought vaas's death was too easy in that halucination he shoudl of fled and made a twist mind you he killed most of your friends and stabbed you there should of been like hot's death. Anyways I think after unlocking all the outpost there should be computer generated (infinite) wanted dead and hunter quests. It would be All randomly generated like a dozen guys or more in a random part within 300 meters from the outpost and you can non stop do them and instead of xp you get cash to keep buying ammo. After all the side missions were done there was nothing to do. I didnt like the multiplayer and i thought the coop was ok but i dont see the point in getting relics and stuff and unlocking weapons if there are no more enemies. Also there should be an option that i can carry attachments with mt like in the menu i select the attachments for my gun but i can take only the selected ones on or off. That way im not carrying an entire arsenal of attachmets but when i need a sniper suppressor i can you it or i can take it off or equip different ones at the store and have the choice of those
#2 Posted by ronaldmcreagan (244 posts) -

It took me 40 hours to finish the game. I did all the side missions and collected all but one relic.

You think 40 hours is too short of a game? After playing any game for 40 hours, I want to move onto the next game. If anything, I think 40 hours is too long to spend on any game. Even a game as awesome as Far Cry 3.

#3 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18363 posts) -
Duno how anyone can say it's short unless your not doing anything to have fun.. I keep running around doing side missions, towers, clearing out posts, hunting, quests on the bulletin boards, randomly finding things (relics, pirates to kill, loot chests, caves, letters etc).. I keep getting distracted and doing everything except the story.
#4 Posted by VaasBrody (3 posts) -
I ment the story missions were too short there needs to be more im not done exploring but i dont see the point unlocking guns if you cant use them there needs to be infinita side missions to keep you occupied. if they do that it will be (almost) perfect
#5 Posted by rabksaj (12 posts) -
yes i agree with you 100% i have also completed the game all missions and side quests and outpost liberation. i felt the game just ended too quickly and i dont at all want to do racing missions or supply drops nor play poker cause they boring. Collecting further relics and looting containers is now meaningless and you only have to collect 30 and 40 to recieve very short duration ingredients. However today i started to play a new game but this time i put up the game difficulty level and i am concentrating  on raising skill points asap  and getting  30 and 40 relics quicly early in the game and activate the radio towers. i am focusing on taking out the waundering pirates using mostly the knife. once i got my skill points and use them towards my desired reward then i will begin the rest leaving the outposts till last. In this way the game will last longer and be more satisfying. I hope a DLC is released soon packed with stealth and action.
#6 Posted by Keaze_ (275 posts) -

I beat the game Today after a week so far i thought it was too short. The time it takes to complete only the story missins on the entire game was the entire time i spent in far cry 2 in just the first part of the world. I thought vaas's death was too easy in that halucination he shoudl of fled and made a twist mind you he killed most of your friends and stabbed you there should of been like hot's death. Anyways I think after unlocking all the outpost there should be computer generated (infinite) wanted dead and hunter quests. It would be All randomly generated like a dozen guys or more in a random part within 300 meters from the outpost and you can non stop do them and instead of xp you get cash to keep buying ammo. After all the side missions were done there was nothing to do. I didnt like the multiplayer and i thought the coop was ok but i dont see the point in getting relics and stuff and unlocking weapons if there are no more enemies. Also there should be an option that i can carry attachments with mt like in the menu i select the attachments for my gun but i can take only the selected ones on or off. That way im not carrying an entire arsenal of attachmets but when i need a sniper suppressor i can you it or i can take it off or equip different ones at the store and have the choice of thoseVaasBrody

Great ideas.  I wish they had implemented that infinite wanted dead thing.  BUT all of them had to be custom made to put the right enemies in the right spots so I don't see how it could be randomized unless they make you redo all of them, which would be the same as starting a new game.

#7 Posted by Megmuffy (1 posts) -
I kind of wish that there was some kind of way you can go back with your friends. Then maybe you can do little side missions back in his hometown, and he might have an airplane that takes you back and forth from his house to the island. This way you can go back to the island and complete the side missions, meanwhile knowing that you are back to your normal life with your friends.
#8 Posted by GTyler1100 (1 posts) -
Well, these are all good points, however, a good way to keep the action flowing is to go into the gameplay settings and press (At the bottom) "Reset Outposts". All it does is makes all 34 outposts hostile and capturable again. It does not reset any missions.
#9 Posted by coylenintendo (13713 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is a great open world game but once you beat and collect everything, there isn't much to do. it's not like Grand Theft Auto IV where it's fun to just roam the streets and do random stuff lol but resetting the outposts definitely adds a little more fun to Far Cry 3 since you can take down an outpost however you want. I've been trying to collect the rest of the relics and the treasure, havng the outposts and bad guys still around makes it a little less boring.

#10 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

farcry.nexusmods.com

At least a couple of their mod packages feature Neverland 2 for FC3. This installs a "take", or "no take" option for enemy camps. If you select the no take option, you capture the camp, but enemy troops continue to spawn in the area. When you leave the camp it reverts back to the pirates/mercs. Allows for a much more dynamic type of gameplay, and if you avoid the main missions, or at least the last one...........it's pretty much an endless shoot fest with the pirates/mercs. Not sure if the mod is available as a stand alone or not; you should be able scope that out in their file category section.

Of course.....................if you're a console gamer............................. :(

#11 Posted by JasonBroady (37 posts) -
Completed the full game + side missions + finding objects+ loot chests+WWII letters and all nothing more to do let's move to next game. ____________________ FARCRY3 GAMEPLAY
#12 Posted by Bob1dz (7 posts) -
I agree. I played the game for 50 hours now and did pretty much everything, but if you really want to collect everything you'll have more hours to go. I think the coop is pretty fun tho.
#13 Posted by ColonelBauer (337 posts) -

Resetting the outposts would provide enemies to kill. I'm trying to avoid finishing the story missions and I just wander around between assignments. I only did enough of the story to get the south island unlocked and on the south island I'm in the middle of doing the Doppleganger mission but first I wanted to unlock all the remaining radio towers.

Leaving outposts alone keeps the roving road patrols going and for them I set mine traps and harvest loot from the bodies and reinforcements that come to check it out.

There's a few parts of the map where I've noticed enemies respawn even in cleared out areas like a shore base on the north island. But as I wander around sometimes I go on a relic kick, check loot boxes, attack random groups of hostiles, etc. and then every now and then do some more of the story mission. IMO the game is an excellent blend of Fallout 3 and Just Cause 2.

#14 Posted by MJS88 (60 posts) -

Sorry to bump an old post but I've just finished the game (after a period of finishing my old games ready to focus on GTAV).

It took a good few weeks to finish it for me. I'd spend a few hours finishing missions and then a lot of time running round the map collecting the loot boxes and relics. I've just about finished the story and to me the whole thing feels quite long in comparison to other games, especially considering the extras. I'm glad I took the long route because I'd have missed out on alot if I'd played just to storm the story.

Compared to FC2, FC3 is in a different league. I didn't complete FC2 because I spent nearly 60 hours (frustrated hours of instantly respawning outposts, unexplained weapon jams and every AI on the map screeching their car to a halt to attack you for no reason) and never felt like it was going anywhere.

I'm glad it finished at a point where there's nothing else to do. That's how games used to be. We all like sandbox but sometimes it's not necessary to feel like the game is endless, infact I find that negative sometimes because I find it hard to evaluate if I've got the full value of the game or not if there's no definitive end.

Side missions kept meamused, the missions weren't too challenging but allowed the freedom of approach so you could switch tactics if you died and the collectibles gave rewards that helped towards the story (signature weapons for example).

The only thing that kind of annoyed me a bit was I did like pushing my luck to see how deep into unexplored territory I could get unlocking radio towers. Once you get your 'Uniform' on the south island, you don't get attacked anymore so radio towers could be unlocked without any threat and it took the point out of going for guard posts.

Oh well... excellent game. Absorbing, twisted at times and visually beautiful. Well made cosidering how consistent the framerate was throughout.