This topic is now read-only on GameSpot.
To post new messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same email and password that you use on GameSpot.
- Oct 25, 2008 5:02 am GMTIm playing it co op with a friend now. Not very far into the game but my character, 2nd player who is an evil male is stuck floating. It's really cool but Im not sure how it happened. Basically he looks like he's trying to scare people, just a couple of inches off the floor with his hands above his head fully extended. When I go through water he stays in this animation but up to his waist in the water.
PSN in sig.
- Oct 25, 2008 6:06 am GMT
Not sure if this is a glitch but pretty sure it might be.
I finished the game and completed the archeoligist quests. Instead of giving the Archons Dream to her I killed her and kept it for myself. Now none of the shops are having any sales.
Even though the quests are different it seems it may have happened to Raikouri as well from what he said. So I'm thinking that if you keep any of the items for yourself from some if not all quests, your shops will not longer have sales.
Anyone else had thid problem?
- Oct 25, 2008 6:10 am GMTI have a bug where it makes one of the instruction messages stay at the top of the screen, for example the one I have is after you help the grandmother find her son Charlie. It says "Rescue Charlie" then under that it says "Hold A to Skip Conversation", and it just stays there. I can't interact with other objects, only a few. Can someone help me with this?
- Oct 25, 2008 6:49 am GMTRan into a co-op glitch last night.
ANN / MIG
The quest - The Crucible ( first run )
I'm in room 3 ( the one with the pit ) about to activate the blue circle thing when my friend jumps into my game. We clear the room but when my friend tries to go up the stairs to continue to room 4 he falls right through the stairs and the camera goes with him. Teleporting didn't solve the problem but I'm on the steps unaffected by this so I entered room 4 thinking that the stair cases are the only area of this glitch. I was dead wrong. Room 4 ans 5 got affected with this falling through objects too.
To resolve the problem your co-op buddy has to leave the party.
- Oct 25, 2008 7:05 am GMTRan into a positive glitch... wow.
I had my xbox unplugged for a while so my time reverted to 2005. After I started playing fable 2 I had changed the time to the current day... and I got back pay for all my houses and businesses.. I tried it again by switching it to 2025 and I ended up with over a million gold. I havn't played around with this glitch all that much, i'm thinking I might be able to revert the time back to 2005 and then jump forward again for another boost in gold, but I am not sure. It was still pretty cool though.
- Oct 25, 2008 7:10 am GMTNot sure if someone has posted this since i did not have any time read this post.
I was doing the Crucible and I managed 8 perfect rounds in around 530 seconds ish.
after the commentator's speech about how you managed to make the ultimate record, I proceed to claim the chest reward, but it teleports you outside the crucible when you attempt to open it.
When this happens, you cannot move your character and when you hit the start button, the pause screen pops up, which makes you unable to do anything other than exit the game.
morale of the story - don't get an ultimate score in the crucible
- Oct 25, 2008 7:12 am GMTsorry about the double post, could not find the edit button.
Just wanted to add that this was completed after I beat the game
- Oct 25, 2008 7:36 am GMTsigh, well I didn't see this one show up, so here's hoping you guys got some advice for me...
After beating the main quest I got The Rescue mission in which I have to go save my child from a Hobbe Cave. Simple enough. However, once we get to the ladder back up to Rookridge is where we encounter problems. I enter Rookridge, so does my dog. Child is nowhere to be seen, and when I try to return to the cave it warns me about leaving my child behind...could it be that she is invisible but following me?
- Oct 25, 2008 8:01 am GMTi never had the glitch where you would revert back to your young self but maybe its not a glitch cus it says it MAY be permanent so i guess i was just unlucky
- Oct 25, 2008 8:12 am GMTAbout that "Monster Manor" glitch:
I own a foreign version of Fable 2 and have problems finding the "Monster Manor" in Bowerstone/Market, because in my version of the game the houses have badly translated names. I took a still image of the map an numbered the area:
Which of my numbers is near Monster Manor?
1. Do I have to own the house?
2. Will 6 hours of sleep be enough?
3. Do I need XBL for the glitch? I haven't connected my XBOX360 to XBL since I got the game.
- Oct 25, 2008 8:17 am GMTRent Glitch ANN
- Houses may become glitched when rented out and you won't be getting paid.
Happened to my female Fire Mage, I bought the Monster Manner to level her up and everything with the experience glitch and when I rented it out I wouldn't get any cash for it.
Solution: Sell the glitched house, buy another and it should work fine at least it worked for me
^ My Spore Creatures and other gaming and anime videos
- Oct 25, 2008 8:21 am GMT
Well heres one if anyone can figure this out. You know at the end of the game when you have to choose Sacrifice, family, or greed right, Well I chose family (because I love my dog) but it said to go visit your family and when I did, Only my daughter was there, not my wife. And I tried looking everywhere for her, but it said that she was there and I couldn't find her. So has this happened to anyone else, or am I the only one so far that has noticed?
That Is what happened to me as well... Only I do not have a child with that particular wife. But when I chose family since I wanted my dog back to help me look for buried treasure you get the quest "Retribution" and it tells you to go see your family. Yet when I get to Bowerstone the gold line disapears and my wife is NOWEHERE to be found.
Also Is the donating gold quest always supposed to be there? I can keep getting the dumb clever from them and the quest will not disapear.
- Oct 25, 2008 8:31 am GMT
I don't know if this has been posted yet but this is a glitch that happened to me recently.
Silent Arena Participants (GBG):
When first entering the arena's preperation room (the room with the weapons trader and the would-be contestants), make sure you talk to the Arena Contestants (The bandit, demon possessed child, shadow monk and large woman). Do NOT skip thier conversation and DO NOT talk to the weapon merchant during thier conversation. The game is highely likely to freeze the conversation at its point where you skipped or ignored it, freezing the quest. The main problem with this is, you can not revert back to a quest starting point and you can not leave this room once you have entered it. This has happened to me 3 times and the only way I could solve it was by simply listening to the participants without talking or skipping thier conversation.
- Oct 25, 2008 9:33 am GMTGirl Gamer 152
Posted 10/24/2008 5:08:27 AM
message detail I currently have a suggestion tutorial at the top of my screen, telling me I have the option of going to a furniture store to buy things for my house, and it won't go away when I go to said store or disable tutorials.
I had this one. I got it to go away by buying some furniture and putting it in the house. I turned the tutorials off too. Maybe worth a shot?
Every time I drive past a KFC, the wind whispers "MaRkiSH".-- captain parrot
Same thing happend to me. What I did was after I ran away from the house I decided it was annoying, I went back, initiated the redecorate mode (again) then I walked around the house, interacted with a bed, then exited redecorate mode.
Call me Kotm
lol pie--- everyone has rights and you should be able to express them freely without people telling you that you have to be a certain way.- me "that ain't right"-chris rock
- Oct 25, 2008 9:51 am GMTAnother one, just after talking to the hero of skill and picking up the seal, maybe common, dunno, I took the T.O.B.Y quest which was auto set to the active quest and If I tried to pick another quest as active or exit the area it said "you can't leave until this scene is over". I couldn't accept gifts or interact with any objects in bloodstone and couldn't draw a weapon, stays like that if you leave and come back too. Fixes after you just walk out of the area and set/do the next main storyline quest.
Also, getting the blackmail when you have more than one wife does fix the unresponsive kid glitch.
- Oct 25, 2008 10:27 am GMTMy friend was playing and has gotten a 5 star in blacksmith and when you go a view it in the menu it shows that he's only a 4 star. I told him to go back to the job and the job shows he's a 5 star and needs 0 gold for next promotion
papercup- "I know Zelda's a girl, but when she transforms into Shiek she becomes a boy. Look it up."
- Oct 25, 2008 10:39 am GMTI think this is a glitch, the in game time doesnt change unless I travel or sleep..
- Oct 25, 2008 11:04 am GMTNot sure if it's been stated, (I was reading through the thread but didn't see it so I apologize if this is a duplicate), but the autoupdate from LIVE for Fable 2 can glitch your family. Yesterday I was playing and after the event where your first child ages and you return home, I had a second child who was a baby. However, once I came onto LIVE and the game autoupdated the baby no longer had a "pacifier" icon over it's head and was no longer listed under my wife in the family tab but was still "in the house". After leaving the area and returning the baby simply disappeared. Reloading has no effect on the issue as well.
Also one last glitch, not sure if it's on purpose or not, but I have had a wife become unreceptive in the sense, you cannot have sex with her, (even though the family tab claims she wants it), and you cannot get her to follow you or anything else, only large public expressions are doable. This is kinda minor but can become very annoying especially if you want more kids or want to move houses.
- Oct 25, 2008 11:29 am GMTI currently have a major glitch with Westcliff. For some reason I cannot get Westcliff to load anymore. It seemed to happen after I finished the Captain Dread quest and got all of his treasure. Every time I try to get to Westcliff, it goes through the loading screen, then a black screen. I can't even get back to the XBOX dashboard. I have to turn off the XBOX and restart from my last save. I have getting to Westcliff through the Regions section of the menu, from the Ship in Bloodstone, and even simply walking there through Bandit Coast. Any ideas how to fix this?
- Player Reviews: 978
- Player Ratings: 15,373
- Users Now Playing: 3,827
- Game Universe:
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC, XBOX, MAC),
- Fable III (X360, PC),
- Fable III: Traitor's Keep Quest Pack (X360, PC),
- Fable: The Journey (X360),
- Fable II: Game of the Year Edition (X360),
- Fable II (X360),
- Fable (XBOX),
- Fable III: Understone Quest Pack (X360, PC),
- Fable II: See the Future (X360),
- Fable II: Knothole Island (X360)
- Offline Modes:
- Number of Players:
- M Rating Description
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Learn more