f1 2012 understeer! This game is unplayable

#1 Posted by strange2330 (4 posts) -
I cannot imagine anyone being able to play this game. The undertseer is soo bad!! I have attatched a video I have made showing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCFUwDN24s
#2 Posted by frankburkhardt (3 posts) -
I thought the same as you but after tweaking or more like fooling with steering dead spot, and saturation it runs pretty good. Of course I also had a learning curve driving in this game. Lastly cold tires will kill you. I should add I really don't know what steering sat, break sat, throttle sat and those other controls mean I just played around with they because while having severe under steer the steering was also too sensitive. Someone said elsewhere that increasing steering saturation makes steering less sensitive or more turns lock to lock.
#3 Posted by frankburkhardt (3 posts) -
[QUOTE="frankburkhardt"]I thought the same as you but after tweaking or more like fooling with steering dead spot, and saturation it runs pretty good. Of course I also had a learning curve driving in this game. Lastly cold tires will kill you. I should add I really don't know what steering sat, break sat, throttle sat and those other controls mean I just played around with they because while having severe under steer the steering was also too sensitive. Someone said elsewhere that increasing steering saturation makes steering less sensitive or more turns lock to lock.

Well I sure had the steering saturation backwards. I tested it last night and found greater saturation caused the steering to be more touchy. For me I find very little saturation works best along with 5% dead spot for steering. What the rest of those advanced controls do is lost on me. Why couldn't these items and more be explained in the manual?