F.E.A.R. 2 is more of what you loved of the first game. But that's all it really is.

User Rating: 7 | F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin PS3
F.E.A.R. 2 is a good game, yes, but it doesn't do much to change things up. Actually, I would say it starts to take steps backwards instead, becoming more like a regular FPS than a "horror" FPS, which was more or less what the first game was shaped to be. This time around, there's much more shooting than scares.

Graphics - 8/10
The graphics haven't really changed from any previous games of F.E.A.R. This isn't bad, exactly, but it's not stepping forward either. The graphics don't look bad but I've seen better. Some of the smaller details are quite impressive, however, which is a plus.

Characters - 5/10
Well, for a FPS, you can't expect a lot in the character development department. You play as a mute, of course, and your team members aren't anything special other than flat character cut-outs as far as personality goes. As always, Alma returns, and she is probably the most interesting out of them. But at the same time, she's more eerie than interesting, so in a way, she doesn't count either.

Plot - 7/10
Again, it's more of the same. Paranormal activity, strange happenings, and your team is caught in the middle of it. Lucky day, hm?
Nothing really stands out and there really aren't any plot twists that you don't see coming, though the ending is rather odd and will leave you questioning if you understood it correctly.

Gameplay - 9/10
The same as any FPS really, with the inclusion of a Slow-Mo method that you can use. I can't really think of anything that stands out for it. All FPS games play the same way, ultimately.

Voice Acting - 9/10
Overall, a rather good and convincing job for most situations.

Music - 8.5/10
Most music fit the situation and made you feel what you were meant to feel, whether that's pressure, anxiety, etc. I don't remember it ever seeming out of place.

Replay Value - 4/10
Other than harder modes, trophies, etc., I don't think there is really any particular reason to replay it, other than just playing it for your own fun because you may have liked it so much.

Overall? A decent game that fans of F.E.A.R. will still enjoy and if you haven't played any of the games before it, you can still pick it up and enjoy it anyways. It's your average FPS however, with just a few creepy moments thrown in at some points.