The Secret World is a massively multiplayer online game set in the real, modern-day world, where players get to create the character they want to play free of restrictions such as classes and levels.
Dark days are coming. All the myths, legends and conspiracies of the world are true. Stonehenge is a source of magic, werewolves stalk the forests of Transylvania and... there is a monster under your bed. Three secret societies--the Illuminati, the Templars and the Dragon--are recruiting thousands of civilians with extraordinary powers embedded in their DNA from all over the world to aid them in the war against darkness... and each other.
In this very first Beta Weekend you will begin in London as an initiate of the Templars. After visiting the secret society's headquarters, you must make your way to Kingsmouth, a small town situated on an island off the coast of New England, to investigate the mysterious events that have turned this quiet little community on its head. Along the way, you'll team up with other players and battle monsters of myth and legend as you develop your character however you like using the Secret World's no classes, no levels progression system. Jump into this exclusive beta weekend beginning Friday, May 11 at 9am PST until Sunday, May 13 at 11:59pm PST!NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Offer open to GameSpot members 18 and older in the US, UK, and Australia only. This offer may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Offer expires when beta keys supplies end.
The Secret World Features
- No classes, no levels - total freedom of play: The Secret World has no classes or levels. It gives you complete freedom to be whoever you want to be and play however you want to play.
- Real locations throughout the world: The Secret World allows you to adventure through your own, modern-day world. Explore cities and adventure through locations spanning across continents.
- Join a secret society and fight for your side: Join one of three secret societies - the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars - and fight together or against other players for the power to control the world.
- A storyline unlike anything seen in an MMO: From creative mind of Ragnar Tornquist - creator of the award-winning The Longest Journey - comes a story unlike any before seen in an MMO.
- Thousands of weapons and powers: Pistols, assault rifles, black magic, fireballs, katanas, explosives - there are hundreds of different weapons and powers to use.