dont do it, its a trap!

#1 Posted by Crush_Project (592 posts) -

so this game is wracked with bugs, the ai cheats and there are so many progression issues, its not worth the headache.

Cant believe they charge the full price for a beta that is more like a crappy alpha.

#2 Posted by Glynth (3 posts) -

"Cant believe they charge the full price for a beta that is more like a crappy alpha"

Oh bullcrap. First of all, you made that comment before the v1.0 of the game was even released, and second of all, I've heard no such sentiment at all about it being super buggy. Months ago, maybe, but the dev team has released plenty of patches since then. Sure, any game is going to have bugs, but the overall sentiment I've seen is that there is nothing gamebreaking any more, and I (as a beta player who's also watched LPs of it in beta) agree.

#3 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

Cant believe they charge the full price for a beta that is more like a crappy alpha.Crush_Project

You posted on October 16 when the game was still in public beta, so I'm not sure if you're a troll or a moron.

#4 Posted by Stealth_B (12 posts) -

The game has a few minors bugs, that will keep getting fixed quickly and the AI certainly does not cheat, unless it's set on the hardest difficulties. The AI is very very competent, in fact it's so smart that at normal difficulty it's dumbed down, not working at 100% because it's too much of a challenge.

OP is either a troll or indeed a frustrated moron. Please get your facts straight before using precious internet space.

#5 Posted by kadatherion (86 posts) -
The AI does indeed cheat even at the lower difficulties, as it was proven by some players and acknowledged by the developers themselves. Production rush without spending money, ability to build cities in unfertile land, tile output magically increased for the AI and so on. Some of these issues are bugs, some seem to just be unfinished features, but overall it's nothing terrible. Yeah, this AI isn't of the smartest kind maybe, so it has to cut corners here and there, but honestly, there has never ever been a single 4x game of this scope where the AI REALLY played under the same rules as the human. Some publishers boast more than others about their AI smartness, which can lead to misunderstandings, but the whole point usually is that you HAVE to streamline and simplify what the AI does in the background, as you have to save resources and there's no point anyway to write incredibly complex routines for something you never see happening anyway. Just think of water travel: there never was anyone who managed to make an AI use water travel and trans-continental warfare in a decent way. The best thing we ever had was the auto embark in CiV, which substantially was no "real" water travel at all, just "waterwalking". If something like making an AI able to load units into a transport and ship them coherently is already too hard to code, how can you expect miracles when it comes to everything else? The game is indeed a bit buggy here and there, which isn't really satisfying after such a long public beta, but it's in no way "broken".
#6 Posted by kurboat64 (258 posts) -

This game Is good, But needs patching bad.  The balence Is way off  some of the AI is starts off way to strong and seem to only 

wants to distory you. Stardock please fix asap!

#7 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -
That's been discussed quite a lot on the official forums. The general consensus is that the AI plays aggressively to win, which is very human-like but doesn't necessarily lead to the best experience for a single player game. I have no idea what Stardock plans to do about it, if anything.
#8 Posted by junglejim99 (84 posts) -

[QUOTE="Crush_Project"]Cant believe they charge the full price for a beta that is more like a crappy alpha.dzimm

You posted on October 16 when the game was still in public beta, so I'm not sure if you're a troll or a moron.

Or both......