I hope this game gets a sequel and if not this is what i would do ( spoiler )
#1 Posted by waltsoph3 -
What I want to talk about and i really hope Atari can find a way to do this..this game deserves a sequel and if not a sequel i hope they can at least find a way to finish it with say an extra DLC add on of sorts.For text reasons I'll do so in the next post.
#2 Posted by waltsoph3 -
(spoiler alert from here on so please read at your own descretion )
I feel the ending was in a ways true to D&D style because after all the quest is always ongoing.lol
I do feel very sorry for Lorin-Aria . I mean it was truly tragic with this ending, but a good twist for sequel material.
Then after the credits (which also included some help by Konami staff. That i didn't even know. )
and you see the irrelvant ending scene not even to do about Daggerdale you start back over. I thought this would be one of those you beat the game and you have a chance to get one more ending but unfortunatly its just more of a play the game's areas to your hearts content.
I doubt we will get one a sequel but if I could do one this is what i would do:
1. The heroes make a dramatic escape taking Lorin-Aria along with them.
Lorin-Aria barley survies her backstabing and is healed by a high cleric/ some kind of good being because i belive her intentions to help the characters was pure to begin with.
She then wants to take a stand and help out the heroes.
She then becomes for this game a playable character(or unlockable to play after beating the game a 1st time ).
2. The main goal of this game is to now unthrone Nezra. You also learn that Nezra has ammased not just her Zhentarim army, but also secret armies and allies from other parts of the land. They are now set to conquer Daggerdale and the heroes just happen to be a good bounty/trophy to hunt for along the way.( this of course gives the heroes in this story the ablity to expand the games explorations of other areas and provide more varity. )
3. Later in the game we learn that Lorin-Aria indeed had a another agenda of why she summoned the heroes to begin with from the first game.
We learn that both Lorin-Aria and Nezra are both secrectly bloodlined to the original king that was betrayed by the Zhentarim ranks.
Lorin-Aria 's goal was to restore the throne, bring peace, reunify the Zhentarim loyal to her ascendent king and restore honor to the Zhentarim name.
For this she needs help of not just the heroes but allies.
One of the heroes duties in this game is to find allies old and new alike.
4. People loyal to Lorin-Aria are ready to fight. But to do so she needs the help of a trusted former main Zhentarim male general/commander. This commander is actualy loyal to the old Zhentarim armies that once was loyal to the king that was betrayed by his own servants. When he learns of Lorin-Aria 's true identity he accepts her wishes.
5. After many quests and side storylines the heroes face Nezra on the top of the tower.
When defeated Lorin-Aria trys to show mercy to her sister, unfortunatly Nezra once again try to backstab her sister only to be delt with by the Zhentarim who wish to accept
Lorin-Aria's goals of restoring Daggerdale to its rightful people.
6. To end this game we have a formal ceremonial scene where Lorin-Aria thanks the heroes with saving Daggerdale. Afterwards she bids thm farewell and teleports them back to there homelands. We see a close up of her smiling with releif that its all over...or is it.
In a D&D way we find out that Lorin-Aria's people have been attacked..by 1 man.
Lorin-Aria is shocked to see who the attacker is..its Rezlus! He lives!!
And how is this possiable?
Rezlus then approches Lorin-Aria and kneels saying:
"As I said before...Daggerdale is now ours."
But its not Lorin hes saying this too..its the general from earlier now behind her saying well done to him. Unfortunatly the general isn't who it is. It turns out to be Bane in disguse!
Lorin now sees the homelands of the heroes she sent away have been engulfed in flames.
They then sieze Lorin and this would open the doors for a final game that would be to go after Rezlus and last of all..Bane himself!