This is where Halo started.
Schwepps wrote this review on .
Here are some fun facts™:
- Dual weildable weapons (unlike Doom)
- Actually has an intense, intriguing plotline that develops as you play (unlike Doom)
- Ability to look up and down (unlike Doom)
- A few weapons have secondary firing modes (unlike Doom)
- You have to reload (unlike Doom)
- Requires the ability to think (unlike Doom)
- Can now be played online! Now for OSX - called Aleph One.
- Can be downloaded for free, legally, from Bungie.
- Very suspenseful, atmospheric game, resulting in a VERY scary game at times.
- Check out the Marathon story page - Are YOU the 10th Mjolnir Military Cyborg? (lots of conspiracies/controversy surrounding the games plot)
- Awesome replay value.
- Made by Bungie Studios (unlike Doom)
Now don't get me wrong, DOOM is a brill-o game, but can not compare to the gaming experience that is MARATHON.